Circle North

Early Lines 2016 (Read 12 times)

Boston Marathon:

Est. MT*

Early Thoughts

AOrazio

3:08:00

Only seen occasionally and races infrequently but appears as strong as ever.

azSalty

3:08:00

Would love to see Salty and Andy run together, but will be too far back.

Greg2

3:17:00

Recent races haven't gone his way but still capable of sub 3:15 if he let's Andy go.

Mad Mike

3:19:00

Mr. Consistency. Expect a solid effort even if he only runs 2 times a week.

Rob_K

3:23:30

Recovering from foot issues. Early training is solid.

Rob K - 3/7/16

3:20:00

Revised after Half Marathon.  Achilles tendons still very tight and a concern.

ACrosby

3:28:00

Health and recovery time is the issue here. Talent is there but can she get healthy.

ACrosby - 3/7/16

3:20:00

Healthier than I initially thought.  Hard to judge closed or non existent logs.

Dave T.

3:32:00

Expect Dave to be healthier for this one than recent efforts. Lost training time with Surgery

MSherm

3:50:00

Mrs. Consistency. Could run better but will be busy signing autographs.

Gadman

3:56:00

Struggling to get healthy but if he goes expect a consistent effort.

Sugarloaf Marathon:

Est. MT*

Early Thoughts

Egad

3:23:00

Inconsistent but favorite. Could be upset by LTrain depending on whose lobotomy is more successful.

Egad 3/7/16

3:15:00

Looking really solid now, tempted to lower further but this is a tall order.

L Train

3:24:00

Sandbagger Basket case… anyone’s guess including his. If he shows.

Laurie

3:26:00

Not much info. On current training. Ran great in 2015

Scorepio

3:29:00

I think was capable of running Sub 3:20 in 2015 but has been struggling to stay healthy.

Greg C

3:30:00

Not in a good place now with the foot. May have to run for fun or not.

Beaulieume

3:43:00

Needs to bring his treadmill to the race.

Gwen

3:49:15

Predicting a big PR here. Training & running well if Egad doesn't slow her down.

Shamrock Marathon:

Est. MT*

Early Thoughts

Fro

3:28:00

Has better potential but needs to learn to survive those last 6 miles.

Fro 3/7/16

3:23:00

Healthy and feeling good after training.

What was I chasing again?

Read them and weep or rejoice..  Times imply reasonable or close to ideal temps.  That is the real crap shoot with not getting injured or recovering from them in time for these races.

Adjust upward if the temps rise:

55-60 degrees.....1%
      60-65 degrees.....3%
      65-70 degrees.....5%
      70-75 degrees.....7%
      75-80 degrees.....12%
      80-85 degrees.....20%

Think you can predict the unpredictable better, go ahead and take your best shot.  Perhaps we can all pick over/under against this as a spread and see who does the best.  I'm sure for some of you it will already mess with your heads.

Fro

Good job out of u Kabs! Much to ponder - much to ponder indeed! The next 4 weeks will tell much....

PS - 3:23:30? UR a sandbagger! That line needs to change for sure to make it more interesting - at least 3:20

my self says yes...but... if u r follin along...

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

I'll offer some thoughts tomorrow, but for now I'll say this... Rob, your prediction for yourself is at least a minute or so too slow. P effing R. You're doing the work.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Just for the record, you all said the same thing last go for me. I predicted 3:24 but said a sub 3:20 was remotely possible and came in at 3:22:28.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/circlenorth/forum/d39c793da38c4a288864066b06e86268/1

I don't feel as fast going into this one at this point but my long runs are going well (keep in mind I ran a 19:04 5K going into Baystate, which seems hardly possible now.)  I ran a fairly perfect race at Baystate as well, not to mention a year and a half older.  Boston is new for me and considered by many to be a harder course.  If I feel good, Hampton will tell me a lot.  Time will tell, and this is the early line.

Fro

blah, blah - makes my bet an easier one....

Well based on recent race events, I am further along than I initially thought so kudos to Greg & Fro, I lowered the line on myself to 3:20:00.  If I don't tear an Achilles tendon, I should be in pretty good shape.  I may be forced to take a few extra days off between now and the marathon but think I can nurse myself along.

Since I lowered the line on myself, I figured I would do the same on Fro, Egad and Alycia.