Diabetic Runners

This was "running"????????? (Read 190 times)

Tight lipped Angry Today I must wonder what the hell I am doing out there!!!!! Where exactly did I ever get the idea I could run? I had a California Desert Tortoise that was better than 110 years old that could move faster Than I did to day! He could jog right along when he heard corn bing shucked!! The powers that be gave us 59 minutes Admin Leave (Not charged against leave we earn) So I got to start my 2 weeks vacation an hour early. When I got home it was overcast and not too hot, 75F and not muggy with a little wind. I really didn't feel like a run but started out anyway. Less than .2 miles in I was really wondering just what it was I was doing and why! I felt worn out. OK I'll run/walk no big deal. But then I skipped the second loop shortening the distance from 1.56 to 1.3 miles. then my shins starting hurting and it was more walk/run that anything. At one point my HRM read 93. NINTY THREE?????????? I have a better rate just walking to the bathroom down the hall!!!! I have a 5k three weeks from tomarrow and right now that sounds like a coast to coast sprint.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Gregg Don't panic. We all have those lousy runs from time to time. Sometimes they just happen for no reason. I wouldn't waste time over anylizing it. Your next run will probably be fine and your confedence restored. Dave
      WHO FARTLEK"D ?
        I kind of figured that, but man this week has been from hell right from Monday morning!!! And today is the first time my shins have really hurt in weeks. Oh well tomorrow morning sans t storms I'll be out running. I have looked fwd to this vactation just because I can run in the mornings for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!! Then I go back to work and the next Sat I run my first 5K

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Got yourself all up tight today waiting to get off work and start your vacation. Plum wore yourself out. You crashed. Watch a movie tonight, sleep in in the morning, have good breakfast, nice warm up, a good stretch, then run. It'll be better.
          Age is not an illusion
            Gregg. Your run sounds like how my whole week has been. I think I've made another discovery coming back into running now as a diabetic. Muscle recovery (glucose) takes much longer. I did two long runs within two weeks and have not recovered from last Saturday's. This whole week has been slow and painful. By Wednesday I thought things were okay and did a 5K run at 8:30 pace and I sank even lower. This combined with the major rainfall we're going to have tomorrow, I am putting off my unofficial half marathon for another week if I can hold on to a meager training schedule and recover enough. Hang in there. John

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

MUCH BETTER this morning!!! Some sorness in my left mid thigh before and after but not bad and streching doesn't cause any soreness at all. My thight is letting me know the added distance is working my legs harder

Deleted.

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

2 miles this morning and I feel great!! 11:50 pace! I kept to my HR window and didn't push it.

Gregg, Way to go! Those numbers are comming along.
                    Age is not an illusion