Diabetic Runners

any recommendations on Diabetic Cookbooks? (Read 144 times)

The voice of mile 18

I have had one for the longest time and I'm sick of it. looking for easy and spicy recipes if possible.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Sorry Joe, I never found the use for one. I just hold back on the carbs.
      Age is not an illusion
        Joe, Here are the cookbooks that we use in our house. "Delicious Ways to Control Diabetes Cookbook" 1999 Oxmore House ISBN 0-8487-1918-2 Better Homes and Gardens "Easy Everyday Low Carb Cookbook" 2003 Meredith Books "The Diabetic Four-Ingredient Cookbook" 2003 Published by Coffee and Cale "The Complete Step by Step Diabetic Cookbook" 2002 Oxmore House ISBN 0-8487-1431-8 "Cooking and Baking for Diabetes" 2003 Key Porter Books ISBN 1-55263-531-7 "The Diabetic Cookbook" 2003 Meredith Books ISBN 0-696-21676-0 My wife likes getting her hands on new cookbooks, even before my diagnosis. So now she has even more reason to collect. We would just look for books whenever we were near a bookstore. As we find good dishes we keep a record of it for future reference. Most diabetic cooking is just plain good sense cooking anyway which my family was already used to eating. Rarely does the family even know they are eating diabetic-friendly meals. We've tried substituting low-carb pastas but unfortunately, they are not all created equal. Mueller's Half-Carb pasta is about our favorite but is costs more and it does have a different texture. Now that I'm running more we just cook regular pasta and I'm a little careful of the quantity. If you do your homework and check out books when you get a chance, there are some great meals to be had and enjoyed by diabetics and non-diabetics alike, ones that are healthful for everyone. Also, some of the South Beach cooking is quite diabetic friendly. John

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)