Diabetic Runners

Fatigue (Read 133 times)

The voice of mile 18

I have a wonderfully supportive wife who puts up w/ smelly workout clothes and disapearing for long runs and rides and weird tri/running friends BUT she's really getting fed up w/ my passing out by 9PM. I also want quiet time w/ her but when 9PM rolls around I start winding down. she wonders about the impact of marathon training and meds (glucophage,amryl, prandin) have on me. any thoughts?

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Joe, Cut back on the training. Your real investment is with the family. It maybe that you need the rest, and that is why you are crashing at 9 pm. You might be over training anyway. Perhaps someday you can figure out how to make time for the Marathon. I do not know your schedual, or how long you have been running, but maybe once you have a good base it will not take so much time, and effort to train for a Marathon.
      Age is not an illusion
        I agree - family comes first. However, we all have things that can temporarily disrupt our schedules... So, if you're training hard but have an end in sight (big race in few weeks), you can reassure your wife that things will get better after the race. If you're just in regular training, though, it might make more sense to back off and find a bit more balance. And I've found that flowers always help, too. Smile Finally - read up on high energy foods. They can definitely help - and a 16 oz. Diet Rock Star can help me be look alive most evenings.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

The voice of mile 18

Actually did 2 or 3 diet red bulls Sunday after our 18 mile I survived till midnight Sunday but was a zombie yesterday.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy