Diabetic Runners

Insurance and diabetes (Read 151 times)

I have insurance through my wife, as it is cheaper than my work place. Her insurance is Blue Cross Blue Sheild Anthium (spell?) They have a program you can sign up for at no cost where they assign a Diabetic Nurse to you and she calls and checks on you each month. She discuss your highs, lows, Chorlestorol (spell?) eyes dentist blood pressure diet EVERYTHING. A very helpfull program. Are other insurance companies doig the same?

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Mark_C

God I hope not. I'll keep track of myself, thank you very much! Sounds much like New York's Nag-program.
        Actually I have learned alot from the program and saved a few appointments with the doc, by asking my Nurse first.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

The voice of mile 18

no but I have blue cross but apparently not the same one as you cause all I get is a pamphlet every month. sounds great to me.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy