Diabetic Runners

Good Luck joe_h (Read 156 times)

Good luck at your marathon, joe_h!! Let us know how it goes!

The voice of mile 18

well I can run a good half marathon. too bad it's the first half. been training with my sister on her first and we started out together were doing in the neighborhood of 8 minute/miles for the first 8 miles then I let her go 'cause that is just too quick for me. did the first half in around 1:45. then completely lost focus nothing wrong w/ me mechanically just the usual aches and pains but I just slowed way down even at manyunk - the rowdiest and funnest part of the course I felt flat. finished in 4:20 not bad but not great. I did make my primary goal of training and running a marathon without getting injured but completely blew my goal time of sub 4hrs. Sad BTW my sister kept doing those 8 min/miles and finished in 3:28 and qualifed for Boston

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Congrats, Joe - more and more, I'm thinking it's quite a feat to train for a marathon and not get hurt... and 4:20 rounds down to 4:00 in my book... you're definitely allowed to tell people you came in "a little over 4 hours." Smile

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You still rock! And big congrats to your sister--you must be proud of her! I hope to someday run Chicago with my brother, but he is WAY faster than me (he casually runs 3 miles a few times/week and at a 7 minute pace...my fastest 5k was still about 29 minutes). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

yeah training with a faster sibling is rough on ego.but it was a great training experience and was great in controlling my sugars thanks guys and gals

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy