Diabetic Runners

Looking at our logs! (Read 313 times)

I am enjoying spying too. SO NO SLACKING OFF! (unless you are injured of course) It's motivational to know others will know if you start skipping runs. lol Dave
    WHO FARTLEK"D ?
      John I'm sorry to hear you can't find a Half Marathon to run this fall. Your logs definately indicate you are ready. You should be able to do a sub 2 hrs by my calculations. Dave
      WHO FARTLEK"D ?
        I just had my mind set on this one half marathon the first week end in September as that is generally when my running peaks for the season and this race is very convenient. (20 minutes from home.) After August I get back into the classroom (teacher) and my time gets really short so you will see my mileage decline significantly. It will be interesting as this season was my first back running since being diagnosed, to see how quickly (or slowly) my sugar numbers begin to reflect less exercise. I anticipate my average weekly mileage come fall will be in the 8-10 mile (12-15K) range. We are going to be putting a garage addition on the house starting in a couple of weeks too, so with that added stress, who knows. Come fall, we should see the weekly mileage for those who are in the south begin to climb as their weather will begin to moderate and make training easier for them.

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

I have to admit I do have an advantage up here in Canada in running weather at this time of year than you runners in the South It will turn around in the winter as we probably have colder weather. My base will probably drop a bit then but I do intent to keep a decent base going throughout the winter. Have you guys ever tried running with a back pack? I am thinking of running to work with my lunch. water and steel toed shoes in a shoulder back pack. I suspect there will be too much bouncing but the weather is getting cooler and its only about 1&1/2 kilometers (1 Mile) away. I currently ride my bike. Dave
          WHO FARTLEK"D ?