Diabetic Runners

2/23 Friday poll (Read 149 times)

The voice of mile 18

1. Winter is almost done here - any highights, lowlights from winter training? thrilled I didn't gain a gajilliion pounds from the fall and I didn't break anything. best off season I've had in a long time. 2. When does training start for real for 2007? MONDAY!!!! 3. Favorite Book? Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

1. Winter is almost done here - any highights, lowlights from winter training? thrilled I didn't gain a gajilliion pounds from the fall and I didn't break anything. best off season I've had in a long time. 2. When does training start for real for 2007? MONDAY!!!! 3. Favorite Book? Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
      I learned I CAN run in below zero weather Training starts any day I can get out and run. Just over 70 days to my first HM run (I walked it last year) Favorite book? Changes no and again. But I'd say The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. The opening will has me ROFLMAO

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

1. Nothing spectacular this winter other than getting a little faster than my running partners. I'll credit my Cardio Coach workouts on the treadmill for that. 2. Training for real for 2007 has already started! My first race will probably be the St. Patrick's Day Beerun. It's a 5-miler. Then the Cincinnati Flying Pig 1/2 marathon on May 6. 3. I love to read, so I don't have just one favorite book. I have two favorites series of books - The Clan of The Cave Bear series by Jean Auel, and the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. The Stephanie Plum books are hilarious - I've gotten some strange looks when I'm laughing to the point of tears in a waiting room!
          1. Can't attribute anything in particular to winter training. I run in Southern California. 2. Training is over. The L.A. Marathon is March 4. Not likely to enter any other races this year. Maybe a 5K or 10K. It's all maintenance running after March 4. 3. "the Killer Angels" by Michael Sharra. Terry
          Sassy439c

1. Winter is almost done here - any highights, lowlights from winter training? It was just snowing here in NJ yesterday, so it still feels like winter to me! Highlight from this winter is that I started running again after being on hiatus for 1.5 yrs. 2. When does training start for real for 2007? It started January 1st! Training for a 10K in May, and hopefully the NYC marathon in November. Let's see if I get that pick. 3. Favorite Book? She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb