Diabetic Runners

A1C Results. (Read 782 times)

The voice of mile 18

latest result 7.1 hoping to do better guess the post marathon phase wasn't too helpful. Cry

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Way to go! Congratulations, Forrest!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Got my result back from my appointment last week - 6.6 That's up from 6.2 in July, but I honestly thought it would be closer to 8 so I'm happy with it. I'll get it back down for next time! ~Stacie

The voice of mile 18

I sat about an hour for my doc's appointment I was reading the diabetic magazine and noticed an article on a new drug Bryetta that Types 2 inject into their tummy's. I said to myself"self, you will walk out here today w/ a perscription for that new drug" not that i wanted to but my doc seems to lvoe trying out new drugs on me. A1c = 7.2 it's been between 7.0 and 7.2 for the last 3 visits so we decided we should try something new and what do you know i get a perscription for Bryetta. Smile in his defense we tried crestor last visit and my cholestorol (spell?) and LDL both dropped drmatically

Congrats on getting your cholesterol and LDL down! Good luck with the Byetta! They make something similar for type 1 called Symlin, but one of the side effects is low bloodsugar, so I don't want to try it.

The voice of mile 18

same here as well as nauseous (sorry spell??) and weight loss. that it's kinda freaking to stab myself in the tummy twice a day. aahhh the joys of diabetes. gonna be working out indoors for alittle while till i get comfortable w/ this new one.

The voice of mile 18

well I'm a fan of Byetta last A1C was 6.8 Smile my fasting sugars have been really great the last month or so. aside from occassional highs and lows it's been pretty good the last month.

great news! glad it's working out for you Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

The voice of mile 18

latest # 6.6. I'm off the byetta and got good numbers w/ metforming and amryl and oral meds and lots of discipline.

The voice of mile 18

I will never understand this diesase. last summer and fall I trained hard and tried to watch what I ate to meet my goal going below 6.5 for my a1C test did ok but stayed at 6.6 to 6.7. after my last race my workouts got to be less regular and got busy w/ holiday parties ( just a little ok a lot of cheating) and a couple weeks of dealing w/ high sugars while Ifought off being sick. so I wasn't exactly looking forward to this test - guess what went down 0.2 to 6.5. just not fair Tongue

jpnairn

straw man

I think 0.2 is within the range of error of this test. If not, then it is certainly within the range of variation between different labs. Congratulations! You must have done something right. But remember it's not the number that's important, it's trying to keep your blood sugar under control. The number is a good goal if it helps you do that.

He who has the best time wins. Jerry