Diabetic Runners

My Doctor is Ticked (Read 388 times)

Doc finally caught up with me yesterday. It seems that when I was in my what's-the-use slump, I missed a couple of quarterly blood workups. Haven't had an A1c since spring of '06. I guess I had better start taking my own advice. Got a full physical and blood work scheduled for the 21st. Wish me luck! Smile

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

Black eye Good Luck!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Not too sure if luck will have anything to do with it. What is the old verse? "we reap what we sow?" The poking, groping and listening part of the exam is over. Just waiting now for the blood test results. The A1c and cholesterol tests have me worried as I ate with abandoned hope from February through July. Being a 3-month indicator, it is likely to be high. But then again--we'll see.

6.6 Angry

Well, not to shabby for having the "what's the use" blues. It can only get better if your outlook has changed. Dave
              I have to admit, even though I was in a purple funk, I didn't eat with complete abandon. Didn't do my best either but I was able to maintain some control. I am actually surprised it wasn't much worse. One thing I noticed was that during those few months my neuropathy really flaired up in my feet. Since getting back in control since early July it has gotten much better--the little running I've been doing has helped quite a bit. I've noticed that the pain is much better during times when I am regularly running and/or walking. John

The voice of mile 18

I am coming out of a funk right now and pray my numbers are that good

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

I sympathize with you Joe. Been reading a lot about a connection between diabetes and our general outlook on things and we do need to be careful. I don't know if it is the actual disease that alters how we see things or if it is the fact the we simply grow tired sometimes of our dealings. Anyway, hang in there.