Diabetic Runners

Friday Quiz (Read 191 times)

The voice of mile 18

1) Favorite movie? today it's Forrest Gump 2) Favorite Race? Tex Mex 5k Run - free tex mex and beer at the finish line Broad Street 10 Miler 3) Favorite Diabetic Treat? Fruit - Apples, Pears, Mango, Bananas, Kiwi all in moderation of course

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

1) Favorite Movie Naturally Forrest Gump Also liked "Run Lola Run" 2) Favorite Race Boston Marathon Fans treat it like a parade and line the streets cheering you on the whole 26.2 miles. It was so much fun! Kids would "high five" you counting how many they did. Aterwords complete strangers would applaud you if they saw you walking around town and you still had a race number and a medal on. It was a blast! 3) Favorite Diabetic Treat Butter Rum sugar free candies and all fruit except watermelon as it causes quick BG rises.
      WHO FARTLEK"D ?
        Movie: The Usual Suspects Favorite Race: Usually the one I just finished. Currently it's the Hands on House Half Marathon, but tomorrow I'm doing the York White Rose Run, so that'll be changing. Also, next month, there's a Jingle Bell Run in town.. All the runners are giving bells to tie on their shoes and the local stores give out lots of great coupons since it's shopping season. Favorite Diabetic Treat: Probably Miller Lite. With just 3g of carbs I don't even need to fire up my insulin pump to drink 1 (or 2).

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

1) Favorite movie? today it's Forrest Gump 2) Favorite Race? Tex Mex 5k Run - free tex mex and beer at the finish line Broad Street 10 Miler 3) Favorite Diabetic Treat? Fruit - Apples, Pears, Mango, Bananas, Kiwi all in moderation of course
          Movie: ALL three Lord of the Rings Race: One America 500 Mini Marathon. I have never run it either. I did walk it last May and THAT got me into running Oranges, Bananas, Plums

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

I'm a real party pooper. I generally bore during movies, I don't like races (haven't entered a race since '92) and I am so weak when it comes to snacks. I am a sucker for ginger snap cookies and mint chocolate chip ice cream and will walk or run for an hour afterwards just so I can eat a bowl of the stuff!!!! (The ginger snaps I take with me on long runs.) Blush

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

1. Favorite Movie - I don't watch a lot of movies, so I guess I'll just say Walk the Line 2. Favorite Race - The Charlottesville Ten Miler by far. It's the first race that I really trained for, it has some hills to make it a little challenging, and it's in April so I've run in in snow and in close to 80 degrees! Plus the neighborhoods that it goes through really get into cheering & entertaining. It's a college town so there is always someone handing out doughnuts or beer along the course. 3. Favorite Diabetic Treat - Diet Coke!! and animal crackers There are great questions!
                1. The Outlaw Josey Whales 2. Bay to Breakers in Beautiful San Francisco, California. More than a race...Let's just say there are plenty of people watching opportunities! 3. Bannans, Sugar free popcicle.
                "It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll" - AC/DC
                  re: Outlaw Josie Wales... umpteen years later, that movie still rocks: "What do you do for a living?" "Bounty hunter." "Dying ain't much of a living, boy." hehe

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.