Ex-smokers support

Wow, look what I can do. (Read 423 times)

Gotta TRI

I just have to say that I'm truly amazed at what I've been able to accomplish since quittting smoking. This occurred to me Saturday while running a 10k race, and again today while cycling 56 miles training for next weeks big event. Last year at this time I couldn't even climb a flight of stairs without getting winded. Last year I couldn't imagine walking the 1/2 mile down to the beach, now i'm running in excess of 13. The only biking I did involved a Harley, now I'm pedalling 50+ miles. The only swimming I did was for fun and was in very short spurts now I can swim better than a mile without stopping. I love the fact that I no longer smoke.
    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

My legs are killing me

Andy, Great job brother! And way to go on a year without. That's not an easy thing to do. Keep up the good work and keep improving. When you smoke it's all about what you CAN'T do and when you don't it's all about what you CAN do! I'm going through my marathon training and ran 15.25 miles through the rolling hills of Missouri farmland this past Saturday morning. It sucks starting a run like that but what a feeling when you complete it!

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I was just out on a run and saw a pack of camel menthols. First thought was Oh look my brand! Second thought: I'm so happy I quit! Congrats to all of us!
        -Jen
        2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!