Ex-smokers support

Welcome (Read 330 times)

tech geek

I would like to welcome all new members. Please stop in and introduce yourselves. Big grin
      Hi! I have been lurking for awhile. I just took my first dose of zyban this morning- my quit date is set for next week Sat. This week I am going to work on cutting down the amount I smoke and psyching myself up to quit. I feel like I have multiple personalities when it comes to smoking. On one hand I hate the smell, taste, feel of the smoking and just can't wait to quit. Plus I am a closet smoker- I do not smoke in front of or around people and I am in constant fear of being "caught". But my other personality just wants a cigarette!!!! I'll probably be hanging around in hear quite a bit as I get closer to quitting.................

My legs are killing me

Welcome aboard! Good luck. We are here to help support you.

tech geek

holo: congrats on the first step. please feel free to hang around all you need to and we are here to support you in your journey. so please post whenever you need to.
          obiebyke

Hi! Today is 4 months, 3 weeks since my last cigarette. You bet I'm counting! Thanks for this group-- being held accountable is always helpful.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Gotta TRI

Hey All!! Congrats to some new posters on joining the club. I quit Aug. 20th 07, and have been going strong since. BEST thing I"ve ever done. As well as the hardest. Chantix was the one that finally worked for me, but whatever works for you is the right one. Good luck to all who join our quest for a longer , healthier and happier life. Andy
              2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

My running partner!

Hello: I'm Kat. I am coming over from the cool running site. I am on week 9 of the C2K program. I quit on the first of the year! I have quit in the past, but I think this will be the last time. I am looking forward to running without struggling for air.
                Kat
                obiebyke

Yay Kat! Did you join the RA C25K group too? As an impending grad, you could probably offer some good advice. Keep those lungs clean this weekend.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

My running partner!

Thanks - I'll be sure to join the C2K group!
                    Kat

tech geek

Kat: That is great on both fronts. Quitting and being on week 9. keep up the good work. and welcome.
                      FastTalkingFatty

Hi, I have been running since I was thirteen and smoking since I was seventeen. Well, actually I quit smoking a few years ago but I liked the symmetry of that first sentence. I rarely admit to other runners that I smoke/d because they tend to be a judgmental crowd and then get upset if you can outpace them. I stopped in here because the idea of having non-judgmental people is so very seductive. A place where I can be both a runner and a former smoker? It's a dream come true. I still occasionally smoke, say if I have had a drink but I really have under control. I used wellbutrin (zyban) to help me. Good Luck to all who are quitting, you can do it.

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/

Gotta TRI

Hey Fast talker! Welcome to the group. I feel we do have a very non-judgemental group here, but will offer this one bit of friendly advice, something I've tossed out here before, be careful with the thought of being a casual smoker, of having it under control. Remember how addictive these things are. It can be a slippery slope to walk. Nuff' said. I ain't a preacher. Big grin Andy

tech geek

Welcome Fast! congrats on having a couple years behind ya. we are glad to have you.
                              Hey everyone! I see there are other CR refugees here. Glad to see you all again! So far, I'm really enjoying theses forums more than active. How does everyone else feel? How's the non-smoking? Almost at five months. Woo-hoo! Meg
                              Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/

Gotta TRI

Hey Megs!!! Missed you!!! Yes, it's almost 5 months for us! WOOO How ya been? I've been alright. Hangin here at RA. I really like this forum. Lot's of fun posts Big grin glad you made it over, and still not smoking. Andy