Ex-smokers support

Is this wierd ? (Read 624 times)

My legs are killing me

Ok, I've been doing great. No smoking in 2 months but I keep thinking about cigarettes. I have no craving to smoke, don't even want to do it. It smells disgusting when my wife smokes but I keep thinking about it. Is this normal?

Big Chicken!

Yup, you're normal! I still think about cigarettes. Sometimes I go days without thinking (about cigs, I mean Tongue), sometimes I am just dying for one. The smell turns me off as well but sometimes I still want one. I won't do it of course but the desire is still, on occasion, there. You're 2 months into not smoking. That's awesome! The thoughts will die off with time. I am 9 1/2 months from my last one.
      Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
        I will be at 2 months on the 5th. I have been craving a cigarette so badly lately that I went out and bought some commit lozenges. I figure it is better than cheating (plus like you I can't stand the smell), I am a little worried I will now be addicted to nicotine replacement stuff rather than cigarettes. But I figure at two months I am still a pretty new quitter and I deserve some non tobacco nicotine.

My legs are killing me

Holo, Great job on 2 months! I chew the gum like crazy. It isn't so much for the nicotine as it is keeping my mouth busy. I'll have to stop this sometime soon but it does beat the alternative.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I still think about smoking from time to time and it's been over a year! Second hand smoke always bothered me, even as a smoker... never understood why but it did so I never want one when I smell it either. If you guys need an oral fixation then just chew regular gum or suck on sugar free lollipops or other things like that. I chewed gum for about the first 4 months... constantly... my dentist was ready to kill me but even he agreed it was better than smoking as long as you stop chewing at some point! Cool
            -Jen
            2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
              I dream about smoking. And I'm with you, I HATE the way it smells. However, I'll be driving home from work and see a smoker and sometimes I almost cry, because I miss it so much. I've heard it gets easier...
              Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/

Gotta TRI

Hey Gang! Still kickin, still mad at the world for all the snow, still shovelling off roofs and such Angry but thought I'd kick in my two cents on this one. First of all Sully, let me just say I love this and the last avatars you've had. Two of my favorite movies. As far as thinking of smokes, IMHO, the thoughts will always be there. I wish I could tell you different, and I don't want to scare anybody that's trying to quit, but yes there will be for one reason or another thoughts of smoking again. That being said, it's what we do with those thoughts that count. For the record, after a HUGE fight with the boss today I too was thinking of a smoke. ( no I didn't have one Big grin) Remember, our addiction was both physical and mental. As we get over the physical addition the mental addiction is still there, and can be triggered by almost anything, ie: certain foods, stress, alcohol, crowds, social situations and a plethora of other things. ( I've always wanted to use that word in a sentence Big grin) What we must remember is that "this too shall pass". It's temporary. Obviously, it will get easier with time but I don't think it ever truly goes away. Again, my opinions. Hope it helps. Andy
                2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

My legs are killing me

Hey Andy, I was wondering where you were. This snow definately sucks and I know you guys are gettting pounded in NH but it's almost over. Hang in there. Big Duke Six - you've got to love him! How is your running going?

Gotta TRI

Have not run since Half Mary in Feb. Angry Been too sore from climbing roofs and shovelling. hope to get back to it soon!

Big Chicken!

Andy, Are you running anything at Disney in May? Are you even still going? I think the registrations are still open, from 5K to the big 15K. 58 days till the 15K!

Gotta TRI

Hey Kris, I'll be in Disney the week of Apr. 26-May 3rd. Any running I'll be doing will strictly be training. Of course that means I'll actually have to START runnning again sometime soon. Will you be there that week at all? I'm so looking forward to warm temps., sunny skies, and Disney. Andy

Big Chicken!

We are leaving here the last week of April. I check in at WDW may 2 and don't leave till the 8th. CAN'T WAIT!! DH and kids join me on the 5th. Yeah I could use some warm temps roo! It's been cold here. I am sure you'd be loving it here. It's been in the 50s and windy for the past few days. I HATE the cold, and for me that means anything below 70 degrees. And the wind has been kicking my a$$. It's hard to push a stroller in 30mph winds. Unless, of course, the wind is at my back Smile Just craving some Disney time!!

The Twister

try reading a bible.i've read something like this "is everything you do to your body, gives glory to GOD?".always ask this before you plan to smoke.
                            If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail!
                            golddaveberg

I quit 1/27/2009 and to this day, have thought about smoking at least once a day.  Stay strong, it'll get better but won't go away.