Ex-smokers support

Roll call (Read 396 times)

Gotta TRI

Ok everybody. Would everybody that's here please raise your hand. Who's still kickin around? Sully? Megs? Obie? Drayz? Jen? Patarch1? Anyone else?
    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I'm around, I check the groups every few days and if I see new activity I'll pop in and see what's up.
      -Jen
      2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
        I'm back. Haven't checked this in ages, but just ran a 10miler and it made me think of y'all so I came back. Hope everyone's doing great. Have a great smoke-free Labor Day!
        Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/

My legs are killing me

I'm here too! Way to go on the tri Andy! I haven't been around too much lately but my training for the NYC marathon is going well. I ran 18 miles last Saturday which was pretty cool considering 2 years ago a minute on the treadmill was pure hell. Nice job on the 10 miler Megs!!!!! Jen are you going to run the New Haven road race on Monday? I'll be running the 20k.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Nope not running NH, I'm having my housewarming party so I'll be cleaning and doing last minute things unfortunately! Sad
            -Jen
            2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
              How did the 20K go Sully? Hope it went well!
              Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/
              patarch1

New Haven 08

Hi, I ran New Haven 20k on Labor Day, first time I ever race more than 6th.2 miles. I finished in 1hr56 which was lower than the 2hr max I had trained for. Not smoking for a few months helped, for sure. Now the Hartford half Marathon is the next challenge.... Patarch1

200 mile bike trip in three days with sleeping gear and change.

Get the Saturday running club back up.

Run below 8 minutes per mile for 6 miles.

My legs are killing me

Hi Megs, I also ran the 20k in New Haven and finished behind Patarch at 2:06. I ran 12 miles on Saturday and I used this to see how my body would react to another long run with just 1 days rest. I'm figuring I'll be tired after mile 20 in the marathon so I was trying to practice for that. My legs were tired the whole way through but it was a good test. Nice time Patarch! I was also hoping to break 2hrs but Monday wasn't my day. I'll be doing the Hartford 1/2 as a final tune up to NYC. Maybe I'll see you there. My 6 & 7 year olds are doing the kids race and my 14 & 15 year old sons will be doing the 5k. So it will be a family affair.

Gotta TRI

Hey Gang, Nice job to Sully and Patarch1 on the 20k. Good luck with NYC. I'm dreading the Disney marathon in January. That will be my 1st attempt at 26.2 Until then I've the Reach the Beach 200mile relay coming up next friday-saturday, then I've got the Half at the Hamptions in October. Got to start building some mileage. Looks like we're all doing well considering we're all EX-smokers!
                    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                    patarch1

New Haven 08

Sully, Let 's catch up on the forum a little before Hartford Half Marathon, I did not mean to hijack this post :rollBlush will start a new thread in the race section Patarch1

200 mile bike trip in three days with sleeping gear and change.

Get the Saturday running club back up.

Run below 8 minutes per mile for 6 miles.