Ex-smokers support

First 1/2 marathon (Read 430 times)

My legs are killing me

Well completed my first 1/2 marathon yesterday and I was very happy with the results. It was an overcast, breezy day temperture about 45 at race time. The first 7 miles of the course were pretty flat and then from miles 8-11 there were about 5 good size hills. Ran great though and finished in 2:06:40. My target was 2:10 so much better than I expected. The thing I was most pleased with was the last two miles I ran about an 8:30 mile so I had pleanty in the tank and finished strong. I really think I could have went another 3-4 miles no problem. It just gets better!
    obiebyke

AMAZING Sully!!!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Gotta TRI

WAY TO GO BRO!!! Awesome time! Congratulations. What are you going to do next? My next event is the 1/2 Mary in May. I also just got asked to participate in a 200mile relay. I'm not sure on that one. Check it out here, http://www.rtbrelay.com/ Again, great job on your race!! Andy
        2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

My legs are killing me

Thanks! It was good to get that one out of the way. It's on to the NYC Marathon in November to support the "Hole in the Wall Gang" camps for sick kids!. Can't wait for that one.

Gotta TRI

WOW. That's all I can say. NYC. That's a biggie. WOW.
            2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon