Ex-smokers support

Hey all (Read 470 times)

Gotta TRI

It's been sometime since anyones posted here. Are we now defunct? Disbanded? If not, here's what's new with me. Just got back from Florida vacation.GREAT weather, had fun, did some running, swam with dolphins. Came home to cold and rain. Tongue Just catching up on e-mails and such today. Hope to go for a run later. Next week, May 10th, running my 2nd ever half marathon. Have not been training as hard as we should have been, so.. no expectations going in. Hope to make it through without walking but...will let you know. June 1st starts the first of three triathalons I'll be attempting this year. The last of those will be marking my 1 year anniversary of quitting smoking. That's about it for me. Really miss you guys. Hope to get this thing going again. Andy
    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Hey Andy! glad to see you, this is my first time around in a while... I'm still in the process of getting back into running. We bought the house in march and after 2 months of construction we finally moved in last weekend! Today is the first time in a long time that I am planning on running afterwork! I can't wait, I've been excited all day so far about running tonight! It's a brand new neighborhood and I'm gonna have to learn my way around so it should be fun! There is a 5K on the 24th that I'm hoping to run. good luck with your marathon!
      -Jen
      2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!

Gotta TRI

Hey Jen! Congrats on the move in! I'll bet it's good to be settled in now. Good luck with the run, have fun! I've been expeirimenting with new runs around the block myself lately. Just got back from a nice 10 miler. I'll take it easy for the rest of the week now. Great to hear from you again!

My legs are killing me

Hi guys, Everything is going well here. It's nice to be able to run outside again in a t-shirt. I'll be running another 1/2 marathon June 1st so that should be pretty cool. Good luck on your races Andy and Jenn!

Gotta TRI

Hey there Sully! Good to hear from you. Sounds like we'll both be racin on June 1st. Good luck with your half. I'll be doing my first sprint Tri. Really looking forward to Saturdays half. I so want to beat my last race time. (2:22) Looking at the time from a ten miler I did this week I could be close to a 2hr race, but we;ll see.
            obiebyke

I'm racing June 1st, too! A 5k in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. Good luck everyone! (Oh, and still smoke free after more than 9 months!)

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Gotta TRI

Hey Obie! Great to hear from you again. Congrats on not smoking! I'm on 9mos. myself. Sounds like June 1st will be a banner day for us all, Good Luck.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Hi guys! I finally got back out and I'm doing C25K again! I went with W4D1 which was the 3min/5min combo... I found two hills in my new neighborhood and OMG the last one was a slow but steep one and it really felt good afterwards! I had to give myself a day of rest (oohh the muscles) so I'm going back out tonight afterwork again! glad to see you guys posting!
                  -Jen

Gotta TRI

Hey Jen! Good to hear from you. Glad to hear you are running. How's the new house? All unpacked?

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

All unpacked HA your a funny guy! Big grin We're in the new house and other than a few bumps it's all pretty good. But no we are far from all unpacked, this weekends goal is to unpack my dinning room which I haven't touched yet!
                      -Jen

Gotta TRI

Ahh, The memories of moving. Yes, I'm sure it will be awhile before you are all unpacked. It certainly is a process. Try to enjoy it though. At least you have a long weekend, yes?

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Yup had a nice long weekend... but I never got around to the dinning room! funny how I keep avoiding it, not even sure why really! I did find a good running route in the new neighborhood which is very important and I planted my very first vegateble garden! Big grin Now to see if the stuff grows! We planted, mulched and cleaned up a lot of weeds/overgrowth and the yard is really coming along! thanks for asking!
                          -Jen

Gotta TRI

That's great Jen. We have totally abandoned our yard and plantings this year for training. Friday we biked the 12 miles and ran the 3 miles of our first upcoming TRI. Monday we biked the 28 miles of our second upcoming TRI. Can't even fathom the swim yet as the water temp is still only 50f. But... June 1st is rapidly approaching. I'm glad you found a run route, and you;ll get to the dining room. run first - unpack later Big grin