Ex-smokers support

Was it something I said????? (Read 462 times)

Gotta TRI

Hey all, Conversation seems to be getting a little slow on our little forum. Is it me? Just hoping everyone is alright. I know life gets busy. Spring is finally showing. Hopefully we're all out there running. Hope all is well with all of you. Hope we are all still non smokers.
    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

My legs are killing me

Hey Andy. I think your finally done with the snow! It has been very slow around here lately. I think we have to recruit new members. Hope everyone is doing well.
        Of course not, Andy! Sorry, March was a horrible month for me, running and everything wise. My grandpa passed away in the middle of the month and I dealt with a lot of family stuff from that. Then at the beginning of this month, I went to Hawaii for two weeks, kinda as an escape from all the sad stuff here in Michigan. Also, one of my dear friends that quit smoking a couple months after me started up again. And when my family was in town for grandpa's funeral and all that and everyone smokes except me. I know, I know this is a kinda "whoa is me" story but I thought I'd upsate everyone. So, now I'm back from Hawaii and raring to go. I ran on the beach a couple of times while on vacation, still gotta train, right? I'm running a 25K on May 10th. And then nothing until August where I'll run a 10 miler, the CRIM. How's everyone else hanging in there? I've missed you!! Hope we're all still keeping up the quitting! And congrats on the half Sully!
        Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/

My legs are killing me

woooooooooohooooooooo. Meg is back! Good to see you! I'm very sorry to hear about your Grandfather. My prayers are with him. I jealous of Hawaii. That must have been great. If I went I would have NEVER come back. Good luck on the 25k race. That is great and I'm sure your going to have a nice race.

Gotta TRI

Hey Megsy!!! Big grin So glad to hear from you! Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Hawaii. Wow! So great. So you and I have yey another commonality. May 10th. Good luck with your 25k, I'll be thinking of you as I run my second Half Mary. ( May10th Wink Ten days later we celebrate.....9 months? Cooool. Sully! How are you? Yes, Methinks the snow hath finally gone. ( note: it did actually spit some Sunday! Angry )The temps. are rising, birds are singing, and it is SO time to get out there and RUN!!! I did 3 miles on Sunday and swam about 12oo yds.. I am cramming for a real estate exam on Saturday so it's been a little tough training, but gotta do it so maybe I can change careers. Florida vacation is rapidly approaching as well. Can't wait! Leave on the 26th. I'll get some running in for sure down there. ( it's not Hawaii but... Big grin A quick shout out to all, hope you are all well; Obie Kris Holo Jen Drayz Keep in touch gang, we miss you! Andy
            obiebyke

Hey! Good to have some action in this group again. Come out of the shadows, everyone else... I'm over the 8 month hump. I even inspired my good friend, who smoked like a chimney for 10 yrs., to quit and this week she completed C25K, too! Love it.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Gotta TRI

Hey Obie! Congrats on the 8 mos.! Even better, congrats for inspiring someone else. It's great when we can say we quit, but it's really something when we can say we helped someone else quit. Great to hear from you again.