Ex-smokers support

1/11/08-1/20/08 (Read 320 times)

obiebyke

holo-- Nice work! The psychological addiction is definitely harder than the physical one. You're at a key point, though, when if you smoke, you've built up enough days so it would SUCK to have to start over at day one. Hold onto that. And on another note... Let me know if this is TMI, or ignore the post or whatever. So, ever since I stopped smoking a little over 5 months ago, I have been SO constipated! It's my biggest temptation for going back to smoking. I drink a lot of water, take all kinds of extra fiber, and it's still a problem. It even--I swear--affects how I feel, especially my energy level. Does anyone else have this problem and a way to get rid of it so I don't feel like saying f it and lighting up?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

tech geek

Holo: That is great. Keep it up. I am on day 68. yay... sometimes now seem harder then they did at first i.e. the newness has worn off. but then again. it is really cold outside, my hands are chapped from the weather, and i dont want to be outside at 7 a.m. freezing and smoking. so i am ok with not smoking based on that.

tech geek

Hey guys: Just checking in. I made it through the first week of school. It has been really cold here this week, and seeing everyone hunkered down smoking has given me even more insight into my own addiction and into what keeps me motivated to stay quit. I have been really sick for the last 2 weeks. Went to the doctors yesterday got hooked up with the z-pack best antibiotic ever. I feel so much better already. So hopefully, I will be able to get back to running this week. I started taking the chantix again until I can get into a better exercise schedule. It gets kind of dicey still when I can get to the gym, so i just sit around and eat. lol.. so back on the chantix for the time being. Big grin
        obiebyke

Sorry you've been sick, Drazy. Ick. Looks like something's going around all over the US! Isn't it amazing, being sick now and looking back, that you ever smoked while you had a cough or felt lousy? I can't believe I used to do that. I hope you have the long weekend off to rest up from your first week of school and your illness, so you can head back with gusto.

My running partner!

congrats to Jen and Obie, you are inspirational! I am on day 21 of no smoking!!!!!!!! WoWho! After 2 weeks & 2 z-packs later, I finally ran this morning. I was nervous that I wouldnt be able to run, but I did ok and I feel great. I forgot how good it feels after the run. I have been walking aound the house singing & smiling! Big grin
            Kat
            obiebyke

justdidit-- I'm ecstatic that you're feeling better. Woohoo!