Ex-smokers support

2/19/2008-2/24/2008 (Read 475 times)

tech geek

congrats to jenni on the new house. that is really great. holo: how are you doing? i slipped up after about a month too. i think its almost 4 months for me now. sometimes stress is pretty bad. it happens stay strong. sully, andy, obie how goes it? and everyone else?

Big Chicken!

Hi Drayz! Still here. It's been rainy here so running is a bit off this week. It wouldn't be bad if it were a light rain and I had a stroller cover for my little guy (his name is Raines, go figure Tongue). but it has been downpouring! And DH is gone this week. I hate the monthly trips of his. It's always once a month for a week. Hmmmm...kinda like something else...never seem to match up though Wink I think today I will hit the gym and use the rowing machine. It probably won't last long; Raines most likely won't stay in the kid "jail" for long, even though it is directly next to the rower. I'm trying it anyway. I HATE the TM so still no running today. I think it's supposed to get better tomorrow. Holo, how was the GAR (saw that on the Hawaii forum)? Sully, you better yet?
      Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!

My legs are killing me

Hi Dray and Kris, Glad to hear everyone is doing well! Kris be thankful for the rain - it's better than the snow and ice we deal with here. Smile Congrats on the house Jenni! Maybe I'll see you at that 5 mile race at the end of next month. Well I think I'm finally getting over the flu after being sick 3 weeks. I've run the last three days but the lungs still haven't recovered from being sick so the runs have been rough. I was thinking yesterday during my run it was easier when I smoked. lol I'm just gratefull to be out there but I've decided to run the 1/2 marathon in the begining of May instead of the full. I haven't been able to train the last 5 weeks and when I do run one I want to run it well. How is everyone else doing? Andy were have you been? Obie? We need to recruit some new faces!

Gotta TRI

Hey Gang, I'm still here. Been wiped out lately. Last week was storm after storm after storm, and I've been shovelling and snowblowing and shovelling and roof raking and shovelling and... well you get the picture. So I think I'll have a break this week with no snow in sight and what did I do for 7 straight hours? Shovelled 2 feet of snow off our town hall roofs!! ( I work for the Town so it's kind of what I do ) So after clearing snow from the Town hall, it's second building, the police dept. our office, the public works building and the public library, I get to come home and tackle my driveway and roofs. Confused Needless to say, I am so sick of winter and snow and cold and ice.... And I'm also pretty sick of my job, which is why on top of all this I've been taking classes to maybe jump into real estate. I have not run since my race Feb. 10th and Oh look! It's snowing again!!!! Damn it!!! Well, sorry to go off like that, thanks for letting me vent. It's good to have a place to do that, you know? Glad to hear everyone's still kicking, Glad your starting to feel better there Sully, congrats on the house Jenn, and hey there's and hello's to everyone else. Promise I'll be in a better mood next time Big grin Andy
          2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

My legs are killing me

Sorry to hear you've been working so much lately Andy. But look at the bright side, even though your not running it sure sounds like your getting your exercise! Hang in there we're almost into March. Just think of the warm breezes of the Disney marathon. No one ever said being a New Englander was fun ! lol Great job to you and Megs on 6 months - outstanding job!

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I get to go running today for the first time in almost a week! I can't wait! Ice is the only thing I hate about New England... well that and the idiots who don't clear off their sidewalks! Angry Nothing like getting into a groove and then you gotta stop b/c of a house that didn't clear off their sidewalk!
              -Jen
              2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
                Hi everyone! The GAR went pretty well. I am doing low heart rate training so I really ran the race SLOW. It was kind of a humbling experience being passed by the very very old and the very very fat while they are walking and I am "running"- but I kept telling myself, "the worse my time this year, the bigger improvement next year". No more slip ups lately, but I have been craving so I have been chewing gum like crazy. Although our volcano is going nuts and we have had vog like you wouldn't believe. This morning I was running and when I would let out a long exhale I swear I was exhaling smoke since I don't think it was cold enough to see my breath- so i guess you could say I am not purposely slipping up, but I am smoking due to poor air quality.