Ex-smokers support

Anxiety or Nicotine Withdrawal? (Read 217 times)

Milhouse

Coming up to three weeks now. I know alot of folks have been ex-smokers for awhile now but I was looking for some feedback on what experinces you went through in the first month. Day 2 was brutal, I swore at the computer alot because I bought nicotine gum but left it at work and didn't bother to buy more. The last 2 weeks I will chew one piece of nic gum for 3 minutes each day when I feel edgy. I don't think it's nicotine withdrawal but who knows, I did smoke for 22 years.

There are days when I think "maybe just one" but I never do beacuse I know the temporary satisfaction will be out-weighed by the disappointment of giving in. One night there were 8 people smoking on the deck and having a few brown pops, I didn't feel like smoking at all. My worst craving is right after a run! Go figure?

Will there be a day when smoking doesn't dominate my thoughts?

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.

keep on that gum! i bought tons of gum, and it was cheaper!

yes, freedom is in sight. its hard at first but gets easier as you go.

Milhouse

Thanks for the response. I did read it awhile ago but forgot to say thanks. I still only chew one piece a day. It's been a tough week, came down with an IT band problem on a long run last weekend and now I'm frustrated cause I ned to rest it and have stopped running. I'm hanging in there though.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.