Ex-smokers support

My first marathon (Read 455 times)

Gotta TRI

Outstanding Mike! Great job and congratulations! That is a great accomplishment and a very good finish time. Feel s good , doesn't it? I smiled when I read about you inhaling an insect as that happened to me in my second 1/2 marathon. It is also nice to run with proffesional runners at an event. There are not many sports that you do that in, and it is one of the reasons I love running / triathlons. What is next for you? Congratulations again Andy
    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

The Twister

The 33rd National Marathon Finals will happen by mid-October this year, so i still have enough time to train. But i will still be running shorter races. My girlfriend and I will be running another race this March 15, i'll be doing a 10K, while she will do a 5K. I think she got hooked already in running also. I'll try to beat my PR on 10K this time, to check if I have improved since my last 10K was Dec 2008. By the way, my body is still a little sore (it's been 3 days), any suggestions for a faster recovery?I'm planning to do my recovery run on thursday or friday...how many days should i take rest after a half marathon?any suggestions will be appreciated.tnx.
      If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail!

Gotta TRI

I'm really no expert, and certainly not a doctor but the time to recover from an event such as that is up to you. A few days should be plenty and you could probably start back with some short runs and see how you feel.

The Twister

i'll be doing some 10K this coming march 15...im hoping i could break my first 10K PR run of 57:00 ...hope i could do it by 50:00 i guess?hehehehe.is that too much to ask?hehehe Big grin

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Good luck at your race this weekend Mike!
            -Jen
            2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!

The Twister

elo there! just finished my 2nd 10K last March 15...and guess what...i got a new PR...i hope 51:30 @ 10K is not bad, ey?!thanks for all who encouraged me...by the way if you have time, check out my running blog here: http://twistted1011.blog.friendster.com/ Im still running clean! will keep you updated! weeee...best regards to all!

Gotta TRI

Hi Mike, Great job on the race! Definatly not a bad time in my eyes, but don't let others determine what is a good or bad race time. All that matters is what you think of your accomplishment, and a PR at any distance is an awesome thing. Sounds like you had a fun time, keep it up and congratulations again. Big grin

The Twister

thanks andy...i'm back to train my first marathon again...hope i'll keep myself injury free...best regards!