Ex-smokers support

Good luck Andy (Read 454 times)

My legs are killing me

I know your marathon day is coming up so go kick some butt!

Gotta TRI

Hey Thanks man. I will certainly need it. I don't think I'm quite up to marathon distance yet. We are counting down the days though and will report to all when we get back.
      2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

My legs are killing me

It's only a 10k race with a 20 mile warm up. You can do it!

My legs are killing me

Great job completing the marathon Andy! Welcome to the club.

Gotta TRI

Thanks Sully, yours was one of the many names that crossed my mind during that race. at one point I was thinking of everyone I knew; alphabetically! You know, anything that takes your mind of the moment.

My legs are killing me

I hear ya. It's a mental struggle for sure and the last 6 are tough. Good job though! I was thinking of you.
                Good job Andy! Hope you kicked some running butt!
                Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/

My legs are killing me

Meg!!!!! Your alive!!! Where have you been stranger?

Gotta TRI

Good job Andy! Hope you kicked some running butt!
                    Thanks Megs, How ya been? We haven't heard from ya in a bit? 17 months today BTW! Congrats

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

congrats Andy! I hope to conquer a half later this year! And Meg wow girl!!! glad to see you still here! I passed my two year mark last week... made me tear up with emotion I was so proud of myself!
                      -Jen
                      2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!

Gotta TRI

Hey Jen! How's life? Getting less hectic yet?

My legs are killing me

Hey Andy - do you think you'll run another marathon? I know when I finished I said never again (I beat the beast) but that little voice in my head says I can run it faster.

Gotta TRI

Absolutely!! Sully. We are considering running both the half and full next year at disney. I don't think I'm ready for a "serious" race like Boston or New York, but would like to see if I could break the 4hr mark. I would be happy to accomplish that.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Andy I graduate this spring so I got a few more months of crazy school/work/run and we've decided to try and have a family and add that to the mix! No congrats yet it's still very early but 2009 will be a whirlwind of a year I'm sure!
                              -Jen
                              2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!

Gotta TRI

Wow Jen. Good for you, and best of luck.