Ex-smokers support

OMG What have I done!! (Read 373 times)

Gotta TRI

Well gang, It's official. I have just signed my wife and I up for the 2009 Disney Marathon!!! Shocked Not the 5k mind you, not the Half , no, the 26.2 full marathon!!Yikes!!! My buddy the ironman has signed up as well. All I can say is, Thanks Kris! Big grin Seriously, I am attempting this after reading your race report. You have inspired me, and it sounds like fun. Besides, it's a year away, I'll be ready, right??? Confused Andy
    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

My legs are killing me

You'd the man! Pleanty of time to train Andy. And you'll be getting out of this crappy New England weather. I think Kris has given this group a sickness - "marathon fever" and alot of us are doomed. lol

Big Chicken!

I've turned you all to the dark side!!!! My work here is done! Evil grin Wink Seriously, I am so glad for you Andy!! You've got just under a year to train. You have plenty of time. As this is your first, DO NOT set a time goal, just a goal to finish it the same day you started. They give you 7 hours. You'll be fine. It is a fun race. Lots of Disney characters long the way. People stop and wait in line for pics! Running through the parks is fun (though it's mostly road running) and the crowds along the way are great. And the atmosphere of the whole weekend is awesome. There's no way you can't have a great time! Check out this forum. It's all about running at Disney. The people there are awesome and helpful. www.disneyrunning.com/forum You will learn a lot about Disney, where to stay, what to eat, training, general commentary... Anyway, I will see you there! I am ready for #2 and DH will be doing #5 (I think he's going for the big BQ; I am hoping just to survive yet again!) Sully, I don't see your name on the list... Big grin
        Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!

My legs are killing me

Kris, As much as I would love to go to Florida in the beginning of January, I can't make that one. Although I should have 2 marathons under my belt by the end of the year. One in May and the other in November. What am I thinking!!!!!!!! lol Shocked
            Go Andy! I agree, after reading Kris' race report I was all set to sign up. Good for you! Good luck with the training!
            Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/