Ex-smokers support

New Members (Read 308 times)

Gotta TRI

I see that we're getting new members, so let me welcome all of you. This forum was a great source of information, support and understanding for me a few years ago. I'm proud to say that I've been smoke free since Aug. 20th 2007.

I'd like to offer the same to all of you.

2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
      Hey Andy! Great to see that you're still here and still non-smoking and running! Good for you!
      Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/

Gotta TRI

Hey Megs! How ya been! I haven't talked to many of our old group much, glad to hear your still kickin. Still doing good on the non-smoking front, but a little lax on the running front. Ran the Az marathon, but walked a lot of it due to owies, and am running the Half at the Hamptons this Sunday. Still have some owies so I don't have high expectations.

I've got a blog site now too. check it out. www.triandtravel.blogspot.com

Hope all is well, great to hear from you again.

2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

Milhouse

Just joined your group because I just quit 4 days ago. After 22 years of smoking it's time I seriously tried to quit for good. Two things are pushing me this time; I'm trying to run my first full marathon in the fall with some work buddies and my 12 year old son asked me when he can start smoking?! That floored me.

Been reading some of the posts and they are really encouraging.  

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.

Outside Lane

Just joined today - but haven't quit yet...I need to though.....I am starting to get myself psyched to do it. 

See how they run...

Milhouse

Just hit my one month anniversary. My top 3 things for making it so far are: picking a quit date (my son's birthday), keeping distracted by focusing on my running and getting support from friends, family and other people dealing with this quitting thing.

Not sure if I really psyched myself up or just decided I was tired of sore lungs, hurting my running performance or that I was stealing time from my family beacuse it will impact my health in the long run.

I doubted myself every day leading up to it and every day since quitting, but I'm still at it because I want to be an exsmoker more than the guy who gives in to that quick craving. I know you can do it and I'll keep checking the forum to see if you write.

Outside Lane

Going to focus on quit date of 10/10/10.

See how they run...

Milhouse

Cool date. I would say good luck but it's seems to be more about a constant effort and wanting to do it, just like getting out some days for tough run or race. And when you accomplish it you can say look what I did. So instead I'll say have a good run (at quitting smoking).