Improving Your 5K

Goal (Read 933 times)

Scott3294

Current PR that is an actual race time is 20:24 from the Tybee GA 5k on Febuary 2nd. Finished 16th overall. http://www.queencitytiming.com/2008_results/tybee_marathon_5k.htm This past weekend I ran about the same time but the course was long (as mentioned in earlier post). I race again on March 7th. Scott
      PR is 20:14 (set last year) last 5k 20:35 (last week) Goal < 20:00 i have just finished my long distance racing and will focus on 5k's for the next few months. since last week was my first in a while i expected it to be a little slow. it is a little difficult to go from pacing youself during a marathon to running hard from the start for a 5k. my next 5k is a week from saturday and i fully expect to finally break 20 (or atleast set a pr). 20:00="" i="" have="" just="" finished="" my="" long="" distance="" racing="" and="" will="" focus="" on="" 5k's="" for="" the="" next="" few="" months.="" since="" last="" week="" was="" my="" first="" in="" a="" while="" i="" expected="" it="" to="" be="" a="" little="" slow.="" it="" is="" a="" little="" difficult="" to="" go="" from="" pacing="" youself="" during="" a="" marathon="" to="" running="" hard="" from="" the="" start="" for="" a="" 5k.="" my="" next="" 5k="" is="" a="" week="" from="" saturday="" and="" i="" fully="" expect="" to="" finally="" break="" 20="" (or="" atleast="" set="" a="" pr).=""></ 20:00 i have just finished my long distance racing and will focus on 5k's for the next few months. since last week was my first in a while i expected it to be a little slow. it is a little difficult to go from pacing youself during a marathon to running hard from the start for a 5k. my next 5k is a week from saturday and i fully expect to finally break 20 (or atleast set a pr). >

Res firma mitescere nescit
      Running in Tampa

BigOwie

Well.......that happened

PR is 20:?? back in college. Since i started running again 3 months ago, after 8 years off, I went 22:09 last month. My goal, although perhaps crazy, is < 20:00 by the time i turn 31 in october. 20:00="" by="" the="" time="" i="" turn="" 31="" in=""></ 20:00 by the time i turn 31 in october.>

Slow-smooth-fast

PB: 18:49 (part of a 4 mile race) GOAL: Sub 18

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Prince of Fatness

PR: 21:16 Goal 20:30 (Short term), ultimately I want to get under 20

Not at it at all. 

PR 21:59, set in 2004 Goal is to get a new PR, and then break 21 Last 5k was 22:11 on 6/14