Improving Your 5K

=]! (Read 525 times)

Hey!, Sorry guys i have been totally lacking in this group. But i though i'd tell you guyys a litttle about me and My running lifestyle! Well, I'm a soph in a greater indianapolis private school, and i run XC! i have ran xc since freshman year and i guess you could say that i am pretty good. I started off freshman year running about a 25 and ended with a 21 for 5k. And this year i started off with about a 20:30 and ended with a 20 flatt. =[ So not too much im improvement this year but there is always NEXT season. Every year our team takes a trip from Inpls to Michigan and i think that pretty tight, It sorta like a team bonding thing and its really fun! i Also run track but I'm a sprinter. my events are the 110 meter high hurdles, 300 meter int. Hurdles, the 4x1 and the 4x4. I also do the open 200. I am a varsity runner for track this year and i've had MANY PRs! 400 - PR 54.1 200 - pr 23.3 100 Hurdles - 16.4 300 Hurdles 42 This summer i plan on condition again for XC as soon as school ends with my team! Thats about it! I;ll be sure to keep you guys updated on the rest of my track season, and next years XC season. =]
    The Marathon Race itself, is the victory lap. The real marathon is the training you do to get there. I run, not to add days to my life, but to add life to my days
      You certainly have some natural speed. Sounds like you need to work on your aerobic conditioning, which you should get by training for XC over the summer. What kind of weekly mileage are you running?
        You certainly have some natural speed. Sounds like you need to work on your aerobic conditioning, which you should get by training for XC over the summer. What kind of weekly mileage are you running?
        well im used to somewhere around 30 to 35 miles a week but this year im gonna go for 40 to 45 or maybe 50 a week.
        The Marathon Race itself, is the victory lap. The real marathon is the training you do to get there. I run, not to add days to my life, but to add life to my days
          Ha, this is probably the wrong group foe thiss butt i thought i'd let you know, we had our city track meet today and i PR'd in all my events. =] 4x4 My splitt--52.2 110m HH -- 15.8 300m Int. -- 41.5