Improving Your 5K

Lets get technical: will help us all: please contribute (Read 1706 times)

Right on Hereford...

Eddy, my weight is 154. thanks
      Eddy, whats up with all the white space before the table? Shy

Ryan

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Mile PB: 4:42 5K PB: 19:10 set in 2006. Hopes are high to break that this season.
        Hey MIB, is your mile PB from a long time ago or something? Because 4:42 is very inconsistent with a 19:10 5k -- you should be running low 16's if you can run a 4:42 now! Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

mattw1970

Injured

Easy Pace: 8-8:30 Weight at time of PB for 5k : 152 lbs - 19:25 5k June 2007 Height - 5'6" Miles Per week. 40 now ( 30 then) Mile PB - 5:39 10K PB - 41:19 Goal : sub 19 5K I have alot to learn as ive only been running for less than 2 years now. Consistency and more miles eems to be the key to me. We shall see! Good luck everyone in reaching your goals!
          INJURED

Slow-smooth-fast

I dont know how to get rid of all the white space. I simply made the table in notepad and saved it as a html page, then put the code in the post, and this is how it comes out. If anyone can help that would be appreciated regarding a better approach,

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Slow-smooth-fast

Eddy - weight is wrong against my 5k time. Should be 146. Also, what about including age grade %?
              Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I will leave this one out. Any other suggestionbs welcome.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Easy Pace: 9:45-10:30 Weight at time of PB for 5k: 145 lbs Height: 5'5" Miles Per week: 5 Mile PB: 7:45 10K PB: 45:00 Goal: sub 25 min 5k

PR's
                800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

Hey MIB, is your mile PB from a long time ago or something? Because 4:42 is very inconsistent with a 19:10 5k -- you should be running low 16's if you can run a 4:42 now! Big grin
                  Yep, that mile time isnt very recent. That was run back in 1996 which happened to be my sophmore year in high school. Last time I ran a mile time trial was 2004 in 5:23. I haven't tried lately but it might be fun to get out there and see what I can do.

Ryan

Slow-smooth-fast

Yep, that mile time isnt very recent. That was run back in 1996 which happened to be my sophmore year in high school. Last time I ran a mile time trial was 2004 in 5:23. I haven't tried lately but it might be fun to get out there and see what I can do.
                    I would love to see what I could do for a mile too, as my previous recorded one was just part of a training run where I decided to push the pace. I know that in a race I could come out with a better time, take for example, the first mile of my weekend 10k. I was running at 5m/mile pace, and I though, geez, I had better slow down, otherwise I will burn out later on in the race. The thing is, as I got carried away with the euphoria and adrenalin of the race, I didnt even feel like I was pushing the pace, so in an actual race, I hope that I would be in the lower 5s. Maybe someday I will try.

Easy: 8-8:30 Weight: 200 (trying to get back down to 190...but put 8# on while vacationing in Aruba last week!) Height: 6' 0" 1 mile PB: Will try to do this soon Wink 5K PB: 21:07 @ 190lbs 10K PB: Haven't run a 10K in quite some time so n/a for today's age/weight MPW: 25-30 Tips: I always try to get out and run...even if I don't really feel like doing it. I feel guilty if I don't run, and I always feel better about getting the run in afterwards. I've found that more miles at a slower than you think you should go pace, combined with one day/week of hill,speed, or interval training is the way to go.
                      Personal Records 5K - 21:35
                      lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Easy Pace:11:30-12:30 Weight at time of PB for 5k: 205 lbs Height: 6'1" Miles Per week: 20 on avg Mile PB: 10:25 Never done a 10k Did a 5 miler on sunday 10:32 pace Best Half is 2:45:39 Goal: sub 30 min 5k

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Eddy, the weight at my 5k time of 19:42 in the table should be 185.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Pammie

Eddy - Did you miss me off your list?
                              Easy Pace - 4:35-5:30 /km 5K PB : 17:14 weight 153lbs height 6' milage 40km-75km 1500m PB: 4:27 (4:48 mile equivalent in McMillan calculator) 5K Goal - Sub 17
                                Easy Pace: about 9:30... 5K PR : 25:00 (2006 last time I raced that distance) weight 187 lbs height 5'11" current weight: 150 lbs milage: Just off a marathon where I peaked at 60 but lets say 35-40. This Fall 5K Goal - Sub 22 (strech goal sub 21 ultimate goal sub 20)