Forerunner 405

lost race data (Read 728 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Ran the ING Georgia HM this morning, when I tried to download the data from the watch it crashed my computer and now the data is GONE. GONE. Garmin, YOU SUCK!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

ymmv

Ran the ING Georgia HM this morning, when I tried to download the data from the watch it crashed my computer and now the data is GONE. GONE. Garmin, YOU SUCK!
      Is the workout still on the 405? If so, you can set the 405 to 'force send' and try again. If the workout is not on the watch, hopefully, it is on your computer someplace.

Imminent Catastrophe

No, it's not anywhere. The watch says "No history saved". And I have the ANT set to NOT delete workouts from the watch. I don't know what happened. AngryAngryAngry Unfortunately I didn't write down the info from the watch before doing this so I don't even know what my time was.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Unfortunately I didn't write down the info from the watch before doing this so I don't even know what my time was.
          Well I'm sure you will be in the races results posted online ...

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
          My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
          Ride 112 miles.
          Run 26.2 miles.
          Then brag for the rest of your life.
          -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, I know but I'm such a geek that I like to see all the mile splits and all that. Oh well.

Imminent Catastrophe

The only thing I can guess is that after the race they gave me one of those mylar blankets and it may have brushed against the bezel and deleted the data. What are the odds? Anyway, the lesson here is LOCK THE BEZEL!

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Yeah, I know but I'm such a geek that I like to see all the mile splits and all that. Oh well.
                I'm definitely with you on this I love the split and HR info as well as looking at the map of the race.
                >The only thing I can guess is that after the race they gave me one of those mylar blankets and it may have brushed against the bezel and deleted the data. What are the odds? Anyway, the lesson here is LOCK THE BEZEL!
                Yup always lock the bezel, this darn bezel is one reason I'm hoping to buy the 310XT when it is available, not to mention I do a ton of triathlons so the new watch being waterproof will be a huge plus!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
                My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
                Ride 112 miles.
                Run 26.2 miles.
                Then brag for the rest of your life.
                -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator