Forerunner 405

Issues (Read 452 times)

cat/dog furniture

New advertising slogan: "Garmin 405: for athletes who don't sweat". I ran a marathon yesterday in what can only be described as Gustavian humidity, and my 405 freaked out. It was switching between screens and beeping with every arm swing for a couple of the miles in the middle. It had turned itself on to time-of-day mode by the time I crossed the finish line, and I was unable to get to the timer screen to turn it off because it ignores any touch from a moist finger.

Imminent Catastrophe

This is a known problem, although I haven't had it with mine. Most users will set the screen on the display they want, or else turn on auto-scroll, then lock the bezel. MTA: what was the race?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

yes, lock the bezel by pressing lap/reset and start/stop buttons at the same time.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
        My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
        Ride 112 miles.
        Run 26.2 miles.
        Then brag for the rest of your life.
        -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

cat/dog furniture

Thanks for the replies. I'll see if I can figure out the auto-scroll and I'll try locking the bezel at that point. The race was the 49th annual Heart of America Marathon. I ran in the rain this morning and had no problems at all with the 405, but I don't look at it much when it's dark outside.

cat/dog furniture

I've found that it's best to lock the bezel before you start running to make sure you don't turn the stopwatch off.
              I've had that happen in the rain. All my data was there when I downloaded it though. I've not had a problem with using the buttons when wet, just the bezel. Do you have to be on the timer screen to stop it?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group