Highschool Forum

Thread of Lesser Questions (Read 120 times)

Limit1less

So, the idea for this thread actually comes from the RW forum. Basically, its supposed to be a thread for questions that don't really deserve their own thread. I'm not sure if it will really work in this forum, but it can't hurt right? Anyway, here's my insignificant question:

My team just got a new coach, and it isn't really working out. He's not awful, in fact, he's actually a totally kick a** runner himself  but he's a lot tougher than our old coach. The result is over half the team has quit. I've talked to him. He's sympathetic, but the workouts are going to stay the same. To be honest I actually like the workouts, but they're a little much for this early in the season. A lot of my teammates are either quitting because it's no fun or they're scared of getting injured. Actually, I'm the only person committed to staying out the season. So, my question is: how do I convince my teammates that training hard is worth the trouble?

Show them results of of top programs and show them workouts from here http://www.flotrack.org/page/workout-Videos There are more than enough high school programs in there and you can guarantee that they aren't doing the hardest workouts out there. Try explaining to them that if your coach is such a "kick ass" runner himself then what he knows must work.

PR's
      800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

Limit1less

Thanks! I showed one of my teammates some of it. She's staying on the team. So, there are 6 of us staying for now (out of 20). Although, 2 are still a planning on leaving. Not ideal, but at least it's something.