Half Marathon Trainers

Summer 2018 Training (Read 17 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

What's on the training plan, folks?

I've got a Canada Day 5k on Sunday, but a good chunk of focus is training for Queen City Marathon race weekend in September -- 5K night race, 5K afternoon race and half on Sunday morning. 3 races in 3 days. I'm trying a training plan that is entirely time-based instead of mileage based which is a big switch but one that I hope will bring me some results. Smile

What about you? Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

My year so far has been pretty awful, training wise. I’m signed up for a HM in 4 weeks, which I just hope to finish. I’m also signed up for a full in December, and I’ll likely not even try to force that. My goal is to get to 600 miles for last 6 months of the year and be happy with that.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Are you battling an injury or life just too busy to get the training miles in? Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

No injury, life in the way for the last 8 or so months. This is mostly, though not exclusively, related to longer work days with a much longer commute since August 2017.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I get that.

I've been training by time this summer which is quite different and I'm really hoping this makes a difference. I find it's helping with my long runs. Yesterday I went out with a run of 1h45min on the plan; it was nice not to have to worry on distance. I'm really hoping that it's going to be pay off. So far too soon to know.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

hog4life

It looks like I’m marathon training again, lol. I was hoping to get a HM in around mid September through mid October, but haven’t found one that fits my work schedule. I’ll be running the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon with one of my Ainsley’s Angels running buddies, and we’ll be pushing his cousin. This will be the first marathon for both of them.