Half Marathon Trainers

August (Read 27 times)

Welcome to the jungle!

I'm on the back porch watching my clean laundry dry, pretty perfect day, hope yours in going well.

Thursday 4.7miles, 60 minutes

Friday thunderstorms slept in

Today:  8.22 miles, 1:36:54, 67-72F 82%H. Good time for me, lovely sunny morning.

Tomorrow make up Fridays 3 miler

Recalculating...

From the Internet.

Hi guys! I'm alive but broken - snapped my big toe on June 27th, no running until approximately September, no fall marathon or half marathon (well, maybe I could find a late Nov/Dec half if my comeback goes better than expected; otherwise I'm just holding off on longer races until the spring). I've been basically living in the pool at the gym (visit my log if you want a glimpse of runner's hell :P ), have put in more training volume than I would have been able to do on dry land.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Ouch, Lauren! How did you manage that?

Nice long run, A! Smile

My training schedule says 5 today and 10 miles tomorrow. I'm thinking I might drop that to 4 today because it's hot and that feels more manageable. My legs felt a little heavy yesterday. I'm feeling mostly pretty good with the runs although I had a slight panic moment this morning when I realized it was August and my goal race is about 6 weeks off. I'll be ready but still makes me nervous. If I hold my weekly mileage now more or less until the race, I should be in good shape.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

From the Internet.

Meg - in my graceful drunken beauty, I tripped over a planter on my way to the bathroom at an outdoor concert venue. Totally stupid, totally preventable. I will laugh at it someday but that day will not happen this year!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys!  Got sick on Thursday and meh, my running was rare this weekend.  Starting marathon training, so 6 planned for tonight.

ayola, nice job on the run.

Lauren, sorry about the broken toe!  I am sure all that water running will help.

Meg, hope your runs went well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I had a really poor weekend for runs and my 5/10 weekend runs became 4/6 miles. Not the mileage I was hoping for.  Yesterday was my first better run which was cut short by lightning. Today's hills were dropped in favour of an easy run. Today was the first pretty good run in about 5 days. My stomach was feeling pretty lousy Saturday night so I'm wondering if I was fighting off a bug that I never fully got. I've been focusing on getting proper amounts of sleep and eating more. I think part of this recent sluggishness might just be hitting that 30mpw threshold and maybe I wasn't eating enough.

Anyway, long explanation short: don't neglect eating properly, good run today.

Damn, Lauren! That's lousy. Hope it was a great show at least!

Enjoy your 6, D!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

hog4life

7.9 this morning with the last 2 in the rain, just in time before the lightening came in. If the rain goes away and stays away, I will look for 7-8 more with the running club this evening

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ran 6 on Monday, Pilates and 6 on Tuesday, 10 with 4 @ HMP on Wednesday, and 6.2 this morning.  Pilates tonight.

Meg, I am sorry about the shortened runs.  At least you ran something.

Mitch, nice miles!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ack Lauren, sorry about the toe. The husband had a similar accident (small toe) over vacation; we did not amputate.

Meg - life and thunderstorms happen, we had some extreme predawn thunder/ lightning early in the week. Not a lot of sleep happening. I hope you're not too disappointed, just keep on truck in'

Mitch - doubles, wow!

Me: Monday SRD (I just learned that term)

tuesday - thunderstorms so I went to the gym and ran 4x400 with short breaks - man am I slow! Probably skipping this months 5k in favor of more running

wednesday - 2.5 miles, humid and slow

today - 90 minutes, actually 92 and only 7.2 miles, can I say slow again?

tomorrow SRD

i guess I'm just readjusting to running after taking two weeks mostly off, hopefully I'll be back to normal in a week or so.

happy Thursday, A

Recalculating...

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I cannot breathe well today but happy it's a rest day.  Pilates tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Damaris, I sure hope you start to feel better.

The run last night was 6. Then a got a 14 mile LR this morning. Very hard run; I had to pull up to walk because I was feeling weak. I don't think I ate enough food last night or this morning. Once I got something to eat, I started feeling way better.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Near 10K last night which was really nice. Today is a short day, just easy 2 miles and usually I don't even take my Garmin for those.  What I am hoping for is a strong Saturday run and a strong Sunday run. I need that possibly more for the mental game than the physical one.

HL, always nice when you can pinpoint the issue on a run. Glad it's something fixable. Smile

Enjoy your rest day and feel better, D!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.  Still with some asthma but better than yesterday.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

hog4life

7 miles total with a 5k PR pushing the stroller with Ainsley's Angels.  I ended with 44 miles on the week.

hog4life

I had the honor of meeting Ainsley and her parents today.