Half Marathon Trainers

December (Read 378 times)

HappyFeat

Docket - that's an impressive LR with or without a bum knee! What part of the country are you in with all that heat?

Vege - speedy LR for you yesterday! You're an inspiration, as always.

I have to run some errands in town this morning; then it's yoga and an 8-miler for me. I've decided to put off my LR until next Saturday. I'm veering off my usual game plan, skipping the tempo and longer runs for a bit. I'm feeling like it's too much extra effort right now and I need a break. So it's easy running for me right now.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Docket_Rocket

I live in Miami.  Last year we never had a Winter.  This year, it's been mild with 1-2 days in the high 50s.  We're back in the 80s this week.  It wouldn't be that bad if our average dewpoint for the year wasn't 76 (that's like 90% humidity).

Docket - that's an impressive LR with or without a bum knee! What part of the country are you in with all that heat?

Vege - speedy LR for you yesterday! You're an inspiration, as always.

I have to run some errands in town this morning; then it's yoga and an 8-miler for me. I've decided to put off my LR until next Saturday. I'm veering off my usual game plan, skipping the tempo and longer runs for a bit. I'm feeling like it's too much extra effort right now and I need a break. So it's easy running for me right now.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

HappyFeat

Wow, no sun?   Wish I could send you some sun.

You DID it!!!

I opened the blinds after shutting down the computer this morning and surprised to see clearing blue skies and SUN! I quickly got into my running clothes and zipped out the door for an energizing run. It was terrific - THANKS!

MTA: The clouds moved in after I got home; it's been gray and threatening rain ever since.

Thanks again for a great run, Docket.Big grin

hog4life

6.64 miles done with 7 x 800's at 8:00 and 400 recoveries. I wanted 8 repeats but the poo monster had other ideas. Luckily, they are building a new house in my neighborhood so there was a porta pot close.

HappyFeat

poo monster AKA Gingerbread Man Smile

hog4life

LOL, Gingerbread Man!

Docket_Rocket

I'm glad to have helped!

You DID it!!!

I opened the blinds after shutting down the computer this morning and surprised to see clearing blue skies and SUN! I quickly got into my running clothes and zipped out the door for an energizing run. It was terrific - THANKS!

MTA: The clouds moved in after I got home; it's been gray and threatening rain ever since.

Thanks again for a great run, Docket.Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

4.3 easy just before the rain started.

Had hopes on getting out today but after what I ate last night, there's just no way LOL..

No run for me today, minus 8C , about 18 degreesF this morning. Perhaps tomorrow night.

The month has gone pretty well, though, best mileage of the year.

I will have to give some thought to setting goals for next year and perhaps doing more than two races!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

hog4life

5 miles last night in feels like 23 with the wind blowing like crazy.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I did 5 on Tuesday and 5 on Wednesday.  My HM this weekend was cancelled so my next one will be Disney.  Looking forward to that one and gauging whether I should just run it for fun (recommended since I"m doing the Goofy) or for a PR.

Everybody has some nice weather.  I am still in the 80s although this morning we were in the 60s.  It's gone now.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Got a nice, chilly 5 miles in today. I have a 4 mile race on New Years Eve, then an accelerated 10 week program for the Gate River Run 15K on March 9. I'm going to use a sort of Ryan/Higdon plan, adapted for 10 weeks and my awkward work schedule. I used a similar approach for my first Half back in November, but I had longer to prepare.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

hog4life

11.11 mile LR done, gives me 27.05 for the week. I missed one quality workout due to holiday and family visiting. I won't try to make it up, but instead will just keep moving through the plan. I'll be starting week 4 of RH 10 week plan on Monday, and like Tom, I work crazy shift work and it sometimes make it hard to get every single workout done. When I complete this cycle, I'll post some numbers that may help someone down the road.  I'm actually interested in seeing the results myself. As I get closer to race date, I'll put my goals out there for the viewing.

Mitch

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I've had a really lousy month, but today my 5.25 miler put me a couple of miles over the 1000 mark. I'm feeling really good about that. Last year I ran 651 and that was a high for me. I didn't start the year thinking I'd run that much but when I'm running more, it is so much easier!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.