Half Marathon Trainers

December (Read 378 times)

hog4life

Meg, congrats on reaching that 1000 milestone.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I had a 5K yesterday that coupled with an asthma attack during it made for a bad time.  I blame the RD that canceled yesterday's HM.

Next up for me is Disney Goofy.  I cannot wait.

I have weights and a run tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Congratulations on the mileage, Meg!

Sorry to hear about the asthma, Docket.!

Good luck with your race today, RunTom!

Finally got my New Balance Minimus and very anxious to try them, but not on snowy roads. They feel like gloves for my feet, wonderful.

Doing a Resolution 5k tomorrow, my wife is walking it with a friend. The entry fee invcludes a jacket- thanks Running Room, in runners sizes. I am 5'11" and fit a medium very nicely, my wife is 5'3" and took XXL, the sleeves go past her hands. Being a walker she will wear a big sweater underneath not just a tech T shirt or two, and she is not "runner build", though I did not point that out!

See you all next year!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Hey folks

Quick check in from the UK. 2.5 hours left of 2012 here and I think I have run my last miles of the year for sure. Wink

4 miles today in the blustery wind and cold rain. It's rained every day we've been here, except yesterday, and I've been really bad at getting out and running amidst all of the family stuff.... and rain! I've only been out twice! It's made me realize how much of a fair weather runner I am. Kudos to all of you up north for getting out in all kinds of weather!

Meg - congratz on 1000. Nice milestone. Very cool.

Mitch - watching closely. I start the same plan in 2 weeks time. Keep it up.

Docket - Steady with the Asthma. Are yo doing the full Goofy?

Simon - They look like nice shoes. Close to barefoot running, so the site says. Any experience with that?

Good luck to everyone doing Resolution Runs tomorrow.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2017 Goals
          1) Run more than 231 miles
          2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

an amazing likeness

Happy New Year Matt, as always you're a few hours ahead of the rest of us. Our friends in NZ are already well past midnight...so Happy New Year's day Vino and Samantha and all in the antipodes.

I send congratulations to Meg on hitting the 1,000mi threshold -- way to slay that whale, Meg. Question...how do run 1,000 miles in a year? Answer...one step at a time, day after day -- nice job Meg. I nominate vegefrog as for HMT runner of the year, 2012. With multiple PRs in 5K, half marathon and marathon. I send deep thanks to HappyFeat and Vino for showing the joy of getting off the road and onto the trails. You've inspired me to sign for a 50K next May. I also send thanks to SimonR for your constant encouragement and showing that us ummm... 'more seasoned' folks still can run with the best of 'em -- knocking off those 7:30 race miles in the fall means your 2013 sub-45 10K goal is going to happen.

Most of all, to all of the above and Kevin, Bob, and many others --  thank you for being the heart of our HMT group for all of 2012.

A quick housekeeping note or two for the forum as 2012 hits the rearview:  the HMT 2012 Upcoming Races  topic will get locked and unstick-d.... let it float away down the topics list. Same for HMT 2012 Race Calendar.  Don't forget you can use the search function to find it if needed for historical reference.

Happy New Year!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Zelanie

Happy New Year to all here!  We still have a couple of hours to go out west.  I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better in 2013!

I ended 2012 with my first workout from my 15-week HM plan.  It called for 2 x 1.5 @LT.  I haven't done a lot of speedwork so I took a wild guess at the pace and just told my Garmin that I was aiming for between 8:30 and 9:00.  It took me a while to find the pace at the start of each interval, but once I got it I felt like I could hold it consistently- ended up running both at 8:45 and recoveries at around 10:00.  8:45 felt awfully fast, I spend most of the run wondering WTF was I thinking, but at least for that short distance for today's run I was able to hold it steady.  Not sure if that was too fast or not, I guess I'll see how the next few runs go.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks all! I'm a little sad to see the log at zero now. Better get out there.

Doing a Resolution 5k tomorrow, my wife is walking it with a friend. The entry fee invcludes a jacket- thanks Running Room, in runners sizes. I am 5'11" and fit a medium very nicely, my wife is 5'3" and took XXL, the sleeves go past her hands. Being a walker she will wear a big sweater underneath not just a tech T shirt or two, and she is not "runner build", though I did not point that out!

See you all next year!

Simon, the RR boards have an exchange forum if you want to try to trade sizes. I think the jackets are smaller this year bc my men's small jacket is pretty close to a fit.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.