Prince of Fatness
Fitness/weight goals for 2014
1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!
2) Get to 199 lbs by the Greenway Marathon (3-23-14)...and stay there (as of 12-09-13 was at 214lbs)
3) Get to 190 lbs by the end of May…and stay there!
4) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours
5) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)
5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:
Swim: 100 miles
Bike: 3,000 miles
Run: 1,400 miles
PBs since age 60: 5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.
10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.
Thanks all. It's soooo hard to slow down. It's just not comfortable to go slower than a 9:0 to 9:15 pace or so. At nthat pace, I'm not breathing that heavy - i could carry on a conversation. My tempos are usually ~ 8:30 or less. My 7.5 mile race pace was 7:47. BUT, I did get a new pair of Mizuno Wave Inspires and they feel much better. I was overpronating a little. Needed a bit more stability than pure neutrals. Two short runs so far and no issues. This week, I'll go all easy and lead up to a long run on the weekend.
Paul, I'm in lovely Woburn, MA.
© 2014 RunningAHEAD, LLC. All rights reserved.
| Terms of Service