Half Marathon Trainers

Princess Half in March 09? (Read 224 times)

zzz

Is anyone here planning on doing this one down in Disney... it'll be my first.... My first 5K is this weekend so I have quite a ways to go. ~Katie
    Ringmaster

Hi, Katie! I have a friend doing this race, and I'd be tempted to join her if I didn't get the distinct impression she wants no part of my company. It looks like a lot of fun! Hey, I ran my first 5k in December of 07 and my first half the following February. Sounds like you've got a lot of races planned in the winter to cut your teeth on, too. I hope you enjoy your race this weekend! You must come back and post a race report!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
      Mile by Mile

zzz

hey girl you can do it with me and my girlfriend... we'll be driving down from VA and would love all the company we could get... though you'd probably smoke us noobs.... Shocked
        Ringmaster

LOL Nah! What fun to drive down to do it! Are you planning to do the parks too?

Mile by Mile

zzz

DH and I took the kids to the parks about 3 years ago and my running partner Lauri has never been so she wants to wait until she can bring her own kids..... so we'll hit seaworld and i think that's it.... since it's our first half we're trying to take it sort of easy... but I LOVE road trips so this should be fun... I was also just down there in December for the Nationals Cheering at the Wide World of Sports... my middle daughter was competing.... we hit the parks with the squad while we were there. We are really looking foward to it.
            Ringmaster

I hope your daughter did well at her competition. I've been to local-level events and they're so fun. I found my first half didn't beat me up too badly, even though I raced it with all I had. I think that's why it's a great distance. Hopefully you'll find the same is true for you and Lauri. Hey, how was your 5k?

Mile by Mile