Half Marathon Trainers

let the training begin! (Read 256 times)

I officially start my training schedule for my first 1/2 on Monday. I'm doing the White Rock 1/2 in Dallas on Dec 9. So intimidated, but trying to stay positive! I've already paid for it, and have informed a lot of people I've signed up, so I can't back out. My longest run to date is 7 miles, so I definitely have a LONG way to go. I'm hoping to find motivation from you guys!
    Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
      That's awesome, Courtney. I will be there, too. Not sure if I'm doing the half or full yet though. Keep up the training and you will amaze yourself. In my opinion, if you can do 5 miles or more, you can do a half marathon with some good training. What sort of training plan are you going to use?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

2008 Philly Trifecta

Good for you, Courtney! I've signed-up for my 1st 1/2 on 11/18/07. My longest run so far is 6 mi...so you're a bit ahead! Just stick to your plan, and it'll be fine (at least that's what I keep telin' myself...) Yes Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
        2008 Philly Trifecta:
        10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
        Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
        Philly Marathon-11/23
        "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

You can do it Courtney! You have some good races behind you and your half way to the distance and have plenty of time to ramp up as it were if you stick with it!
            So I've decided to run the half instead of the full. Derek (another Mansfield area RA person) is also running the half. A couple other RAers may be running the full. Maybe we can do an RA meetup before the race.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?