Half Marathon Trainers

Half Marathon Trainers September 2008 (Read 680 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

Good morning everyone; I haven’t posted on her much these past couple of days…these things called life and work seems to get in the way (I always try to make sure I get my runs in…if nothing else). My training is going well…although I skipped my run this morning (was supposed to do 5 ½ miles). I woke up at 5:15am and just couldn’t seem to get myself out of bed. My legs seemed stiff and my knee was hurting a bit…so I decided to stay in bed and get some more rest, I think that’s what my body needed. I’ll just do the 5 ½ miles tomorrow instead of an easy 3 miler I had planned, then off on Saturday and it’s onto a 15 miler Sunday morning. I’ll still be on track for my HM on October 11 (really want to break 2 hours in that one), and my full marathon in December. Since I do the Galloway program, I’ve decided to switch to 9/1 splits…and at my pace that should be the same as run a mile, then walk a minute…etc. I’ve been doing that on some of my shorter runs and seem to be working out fine…so we shall see. Of course a lot of it really depends upon the weather (just hoping this cool morning weather stays around). Well, I better get back to work…just wanted to pop on here and say a quick hello. Hope everyone is training hard or recovering nicely!!! Best wishes to all!!!

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sounds like a good plan, Paul! My friend and I did 5.2 miles this morning, and it felt great! I feel as if I'm making a big jump after being on a plateau for awhile. My ankle is feeling stable so I think I'm pushing just a bit harder. This will be my first 100-mile month since May, if I get my remaining three runs in as scheduled. Yep, the beautiful weather helps. This morning it was 46 degrees, bright sunshine, and the foliage is really starting to pop. I think it's hard to beat Maine in the fall! Have a great day, everyone - good luck on your runs!
        Finally got an hour to myself and got out for about 6.3 miles, almost fell when I tripped over a hose someone had stretched across the road to drain their pool into a sewer grate! (It was dark, and the hose was between street lights.) Legs felt wobbly as rubber from not doing any running recently, but otherwise no problems. I must say it's tough to get out of a warm bed to run on these colder mornings. I have also been eating like a pig recently, four pieces of toast and jam today, plus coffee. At the car show on Sunday a couple of people who haven't seen me in a while asked my wife if my health was ok, because they were not used to seeing me slim. Good runs, everyone! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.