Half Marathon Trainers

Welcome to 2013! January Thread! (Read 321 times)

hog4life

Veg, congrats on the news!

6.4 tonight, my week is shaping up pretty good.

Zelanie

Vegefrog, congrats!  That is exciting news and maybe soon you can set babyjogger PRs!

Congratulations VF!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

vegefrog

Thanks Smile

There are actually quite a few resources for women who want to run through their pregnancy, so that's good! Mostly blogs, but I'm having fun reading them. Most are very encouraging, but I guess every woman is different as far as how long she can run.

Ran a nice 6 today, in the fog!! It was kind of cool.

Snickers1230

Congrats Vegefrog!

I started out the new year year with an 8 mile run on Tuesday and a 9.1 mile run yesterday.  I've been slacking a lot in training lately so I'm trying to start the year out right!

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Congratulations, Vegefrog!

Got a nice 5 mile interval run in today. 1 mile X 2, around 8:30 pace. I maybe could have pushed that pace up about 20 seconds, but I just raced on Monday and I don't want to push it too much.

Next quality run - 8 miles Sunday with 2-3 at 8:45 pace. Just a bit faster than my VDOT prediction for 15K, but I want to see how it goes.,

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Congrats VF! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

5.02 tonight an a nice easy pace.

Zelanie

Well this is Week 1 of my HM plan, and today was my first LR.  The plan called for 10 miles, which I had only run once before.  And for whatever reason I must have a mental block about the distance because I was throwing a mini pity party for myself the whole way.  I was already feeling tired at distances that are part of my short runs!

In the end I decided that it's OK to modify the plan a little bit, and I decided to stop with 9.  And the last 1/2 mile of my run, after I had made that decision, went just fine and there was once again spring in my step.  Oh well.  I think as of now I'll just slow the LR build of the plan, or at least leave the last 1-2 miles of the week's LR as "optional" and just run the last mile or so depending on how I'm feeling.

hog4life

Well this is Week 1 of my HM plan, and today was my first LR.  The plan called for 10 miles, which I had only run once before.  And for whatever reason I must have a mental block about the distance because I was throwing a mini pity party for myself the whole way.  I was already feeling tired at distances that are part of my short runs!

In the end I decided that it's OK to modify the plan a little bit, and I decided to stop with 9.  And the last 1/2 mile of my run, after I had made that decision, went just fine and there was once again spring in my step.  Oh well.  I think as of now I'll just slow the LR build of the plan, or at least leave the last 1-2 miles of the week's LR as "optional" and just run the last mile or so depending on how I'm feeling.

Zel, I think it's perfectly okay to do that. Is a matter of fact, that happened to me quite a bit when I was wanting to hit 10 miles in the beginning. Then there are also days I planned on 8, and felt so good, that I might end with 10, or even 11. I truely believe that being "flexible" is a big key in a plan being successful.

daneda

Hello everyone, I'm newish here - mostly a lurker - but figured I'd start posting a little more this year...

Right now I have a road half planned for March and one on the trails for June.  Not sure what the second half of the year will bring me as far as racing is concerned...

But the training this year has been going well despite all the dark, chilly runs!

Haven't been posting here since last summer when the running schedule was derailed by house renovation... Anyways I'm  starting back up with some base miles before training for a May HM. Did some short treadmill runs this week during a cold snap. Today, 6 miles - 10:1 run/ walk - light snow - pretty slow because of funky footing on non- shovelled sidewalks.

Looks like we are all getting a great start, A

Congrats VF !!!

Recalculating...

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  It's been a busy week and I've had a lot to do at work (can't wait until my judge comes back next week, yay), so I've not posted as much as I would've liked.  I did 15 miles on Tuesday, 5 on Wednesday, 9, 5, and 11 for the rest of the week.  First HM is next week during the Disney Goofy and the weather is just like down here in Miami so no PR is to be expected.  Actually, I think I'm going to attempt an easy HM so that I can run a strong marathon on Sunday.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Morning folks! Good to see new folks checking in - encourages one to stay involved and keep posting here - at least it got me out my descent into lurking mode again! LOL

Well my 3M training is back on track. Struggled with how to deal wit morning fatigue and dizziness from meal replacement (MR) health risk management weight loss program and finally worked it out the end of this week. Had good last long run this morning after missing last weeks because of family issues. Ran 7.1/1:50 in my hilly neighborhood w/o problems, full bladder drove me into the house to be emptied and I just stayed home at that point. 3M is next Sunday and I think I finally have act together for a fun race, especially if morning weather stays in the 30's which I love to run in.

Ya'll keep on keeping on!

bob e v
                              2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

hog4life

Week 4 in the books. I'm feeling really good today and hoping the next 6 weeks go good as well. If it continues like this, I should have a good HM in February.