Half Marathon Trainers

Welcome to 2013! January Thread! (Read 321 times)

Snickers1230

Yes.  And there's so many quality work outs, that you don't feel too bad if you miss one and/or can't do one.

Milk Truck, SRD= scheduled rest day, and URD= unplanned/unscheduled rest day.

Jackie, That was week 6 for me, I added the 400's at the end, very tough workout, I'm still a bit sore in the calves.

Today is a rest day for me trying just to recoupe a little from yesterday's lung biopsy. I should be able to run on Friday, but the runs will be easy. Jackie, that's what I like so much about the RH plan, it gives you the ability to swap days around when life gets in the way.

Did a tempo run of 30 minutes at slight faster than my half marathon goal pace.  So for my slow self, I ended up with a total of 4.1 miles with the warmup.  My foot felt fine during the run.  But I'm feeling the bruise a little more now that I'm walking around work in my boots...

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5.7 @ 10:30 with DW.  HR was only 128 average, usually is about 135.  Only 28F, but not much wind, so it was really comfortable, except my neck stiffened up again even though i was keeping my head up a lot more than usual.  Next 2 days in the 40's, so maybe we can get in a LR before the Arctic air arrives.

Docket_Rocket

Too bad they had no volunteers to guide you.

Hi everyone,

Damaris, the 15k went good, although I had to turn back at mile 6 for a minute or so, since it was a hot Chocolate run, or free run, there were 3 water \ gatorade stops , the last one at the 10k mark, and I got confused at to which way I had to go. Turned out I was right, but better ask than get lost LOL.. Great job on the Goofy, wow, incredible!!

Tuesday night 3.25 and last night 6 on the TM, planned for 3 tonight, have to see how much I time I have.

I've been running light this week as I have another marathon next week.  Very nice slow runs this week with nothing longer than 5.  Tomorrow I have 10.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

6.75 done in the sunshine and 48 degrees, really nice.

A, I'm using RH plan now, just finished week 5. What modifications are you making? I've made some for my cycle too, so was just curious.

I'm substituting a cross training work out for a weight training workout out (Body Pump class at the gym). I don't love the weights but it  does help with back strength and taking off a few pounds. I've also thrown in some rest weeks since I have time - I may move them around as needed for work. Good luck with  the biopsy, A

MTA: I think ou can see the plan if you click on my training log. Weight training on wednesday

Recalculating...

Ayola- Welcome!  I used to be much slower, too.  Sometimes I forget that I'm not (as) slow because it still feels pretty much the same.

Ze - I used to be slow and I'm still slow! haha

Recalculating...

Ayola I would be interested to hear more about your jazz interest- what specific type of jazz? Are you a musician as well as one who appreciates the music? Though not in any way musical I quite like "cool" jazz myself, the bluesy, smoky nightclub sort of stuff.

In my former life in Maine, I volunteered at a local radio station as a jazz programmer and DJ. I love all kinds - traditional 50s style, blues, ragtime, and modern. My favourite artist is Thelonius Monk.  I also like classical piano, I played as a kid.

Recalculating...

Ok getting off of the couch and heading for the gym, it looks like TM for a few days as its -10*C and the streets are icy!

Happy  Saturday, A

Recalculating...

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Planning to do 10 miles tonight.  My eye is swollen and my stomach is horrible, thanks to lunch (I think I got cross contamination with shrimp and I'm allergic to shellfish), so it's going to be an interesting run.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

...and you ended up with a good run anyway.  Go figure !!!

Hi, guys.  Planning to do 10 miles tonight.  My eye is swollen and my stomach is horrible, thanks to lunch (I think I got cross contamination with shrimp and I'm allergic to shellfish), so it's going to be an interesting run.

Hope everybody is doing well.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6 miles today at 10:00.  SRD tomorrow (temps dropping to single digita), so 25 mile week with no long run.  Looks like this week will be on the track, and maybe some hilly treadmill.

Docket_Rocket

I did! Big grin

...and you ended up with a good run anyway.  Go figure !!!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

vegefrog

Looks like some really consistent and good running going on here Smile

I have decided that while I still feel fast and good, I'm going to do a race a weekend through the end of my first Trimester. HA! So 2 more 5K's and 2 Halfs will take me through the middle of February.

I could choose to do a 15K next weekend....it would be my first, therefore instant PR, but...I wanna give my 5K goal of breaking 21 one more try before my belly gets big and I'm running closer to a 30 min 5K then a 20.

I'm pretty much keeping up the same training plan that I had written out for NOLA full marathon, except I cut back the long runs (nothing over 16) and I cut out the tempo run. Figure I don't really need those since I'm not going for a BQ anymore.

Hope you all had great runs today! I had a nice 13 miler at the beach THEN stuffed my face with orange cinammon french toast! YUM!

Zelanie

Well I had a not-so-great week last week because my right leg was bothering me some, so I ended up with some extra URDs.  This week I have a new pair of shoes, and my first run in them felt just great.  I got 8 miles in, my MLR distance for this week.  My plan is to go back to "normal" miles this week as long as everything is feeling good, but all easy effort.  Then next week, if all goes well, I'll add back some faster miles.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I need some guidance for using the TM incline.   I've only done this  a couple of times, so I'm starting at just 2%.  But what pace should I do the incline interval at?  5k, HM??

And for walking between the intervals, should I keep the incline, or go back to 0%.

Thanks !!!!