Half Marathon Trainers

1/2 marathon training plan question (Read 38 times)

redleaf

So, the plan I want to use = 10 weeks but that makes me a little nervous, and I'd like to start a few weeks earlier, does it make sense to do Week 1 x 2 then

Week 2 x 2 then

save a couple of weeks in case of injury/not being able to do the plan properly the first week?

and start 14 weeks or so in front

Or better to just suck it up and start 10 weeks out?

Or find a 14 week plan?

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I think your plan should start where you want it to start. Where are you now compared to what the plan's week 1 is?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

redleaf

I think your plan should start where you want it to start. Where are you now compared to what the plan's week 1 is?

I'm at about 25-30 km a week right now but I'm kinda just coasting. The plan starts at 23-30 miles - but it's a combo of distance and timed runs and I'm slow so I'll be on the low end of the mileage range they estimate if I hit it at all

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I like the idea of a 14 week plan better than a 10 week plan. I tend to use 12-13 week plans. If you start 14 weeks out, you can repeat as needed. If week 1 feels good and you are comfortable going to week 2, go to week 2. If you haven't repeated a week 4 weeks in, then repeat week four. Does that make sense?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.