Half Marathon Trainers

July (Read 25 times)

hog4life

Happy Canada Day!

I started the month with a 14 mile long run. I've got my schedule all tweaked out based on my work schedule. Now, just hope I can hit my mileage and paces. My Sept half will be a good test because (knock on wood), I am not injured. It seems like April and May have always been tough months for me.

MT,  those workouts will pay off. I can't wait to hear about it.

Thanks Mitch, looking forward to hearing about your plan. I'm still doodling around with mine starting in late July (after vacation) for a mid October race - 12 weeks of official training.

We had a great warm Canada day on the east coast. I spent most of it reading on my back porch and the rain held off until the husband finished the grill dinner! Fireworks rescheduled for Friday, which works better for my weekday bedtime, ha!

I did a 90 minute run in the morning as the temperatures warmed up (around 70F) with a nice easy pace and I included a walk through the edge of the public garden. I still feel the tight hamstring but no pain.

happy thursday folks, A

Recalculating...

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I had a rest day yesterday, 5 today.  Fell on my Tuesday run and now I own a bit of road rash on my knee that stings.  We'll see how my run will go.

Mitch, nice 14.

ayola, nice job on the run.  The temps look lovely (to me!) ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dad on the run.

1/2 plan starts July 6th. Race is Sept 26th. Going to shoot for a 1:55.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Ran 3.4 yesterday and today was a weight training day - but I made it a rest day.  A quick/short run tomorrow and 5 miler on the 4th.  Seems like the humidity finally broke in MA so I am hoping it stays that way for the race.  training will be ramping up for my half in September.

NIce run Mitch.

A- Glad the hammie is feeling better!

D_R - road rash is the worst.  Now that is out of the way go be bada$$

jblackjr - go get that goal!

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I managed a 5 mile run to start the month despite the smokey air. Visibility was about 3km and I wasn't sure if I'd feel good enough to hit my mileage. Smoke was the worst in the last two miles, but I did it. Thankfully today I can actually have windows open in my house to get some fresh air in here.

Love hearing everyone feeling so upbeat about their training plans. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

an amazing likeness

Meg -- good to hear you're smoke has cleared a bit!

I don't have a training plan for July, but a busy month overall with various races at summer festivals. In the heat of mid-summer, these are never the races where you can expect to run fast times.  I'd summarize my plan as "..get through the month and then move to 8 weeks of marathon training in August & September...".

July goals/plans:

200 miles overall

7/4 - 10K...goal is run course pb

7/11 - half marathon...goal is pick a split on race day and run steady splits through 11, then 10sec faster for 12 & 13

7/18 - 5 mile race...goal is better last year's time

7/25 - 5 mile race...goal is course pb

I'll probably be about 50:50 on those goals...but now that I've written them, the pressure's on. Yikes.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

hog4life

RD and signed up for my first 50k

Jimmy, which half are you doing?

hog4life

6 miles tonight with a 1 mile race at 6:40

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Went to Pilates class and ran 11 yesterday (knee didn't bother me much), 9 planned for tonight.

jblack, good luck on the HM training!

Barbs, nice workouts.

Meg, sorry about the smoky air.  I feel you.

milktruck, good luck with those goals!

Mitch, good luck on the 50K!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

an amazing likeness

"7/4 - 10K...goal is run course pb"

One down. Whew (g). Ran a 40 sec course PB today at the LL Bean 10K, posted a 46:46, first time below 47:00 on this course -- which is challenging combo of steep downhills and longer climbs, then rollers...just a few flat sections.

Happy July 4th to all the Americans..if you haven't done it since you were a schoolkid, it's worth reading the Declaration of Independence. "...we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor." -- they were committing treason against the King of England; they knew well it would cost them dearly.

And it looks like there's no one home in Canada anyway, they're all visiting the states -- every car on the road around here is from Quebec, New Brunswick or Nova Scotia.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

MT - I'm still here on the porch in Nova Scotia! But I'll be in Maine soon enough. T minus 10 days to vacation. Congrats on the course PR.

Barb - I hope you had a great run on the 4th  as well

Mitch and Damaris are steady on the great mileage...

Me - Thursday off, friday very short run in the rain and yesterday 8 miles/ 92 minutes... Today resting and household errand stuff. I'm on the front step internet ing and watching the regular Sunday runners follow the bluenose route.

Meg - take care, we are watching those fires on the news.

happy Sunday, a

Recalculating...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

It was too smoky at 6am this morning to go for my LSD. (93% humiity and 2km visibility) It might have to be a dreadmill evening. We're heading out to the football game in about an hour (Toronto Argos at Sask Roughriders) and that should be interesting. Smoke is supposed to get worse later, currently at 8km visibility. (Normal visibility here is about 24km.)

Nice work on the PR, MT! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

erinr

Nice job, MT!

I had a lot of traveling and visitors in June, so I barely ran at all (56.2 miles for the month...).  I'm starting up a streak to get myself back on track.  Yesterday was 10 miles on trails.  Wow am I sore today!  Today was 3 recovery miles.  My first trail HM is in 6 days, so I'm going to do mostly short runs with a little bit of fast stuff for the rest of the week.  Then I'll have to figure out what to do between now and my goal HM at the end of September...

Docket_Rocket

Great job, MT!

ayola, nice runs.

Meg, I hate when the smoke is out there. Ugh.

ekat, good luck getting back on track.

I ran 15 on the TM last night, 7 for me today.

Damaris

Fundraising Page