Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - Feb 23 & 24 (Read 24 times)

an amazing likeness

After last week's blowout schedule and outstanding performances, we have another full race weekend on tap...

Saturday, Docket_Rocket comes right back from a full marathon last weekend and will toe the line for another half this weekend...you're a machine, Docket.  Zelanie is running a off-road 5K organized by a group to fund their annual trip to Washington DC...nice cause, Zelanie.

On Sunday, buchy2009 and Vegefrog will in New Orleans for one of the Rock 'n Roll extravaganzas that has some running involved (g).  Laissez les bons temps rouler, and look out for the nutria on the path as you run along the water.

Feb 23 Docket_Rocket West Palm Beach Half 13.1 mi West Palm Beach, FL  
    Feb 23 Zelanie Run to DC 5K Albany, OR Trail
    Feb 24 vegefrog RockNRoll NOLA Half 13.1 mi New Orleans, LA  
    Feb 24 buchy2009 RockNRoll NOLA Half 13.1 mi New Orleans, LA  
    Feb 24 MilkTruck Hyannis Half 13.1 mi Hyannis, MA  

Wishing all our racers easy opening miles (not you, Zelanie...it's a 5K...you've got to go! right from the start..), even strides and may the weather gods smile favorably.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Good luck folks! Mitch - I can't imagine running a half the week after a full! I'm tired thinking about it.

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

hog4life

Good luck everyone, I almost signed up for NOLA.

Bob, not me doing them, it's Damaris, she is a running machine!

Mitch

Snickers1230

Good luck everyone!

Me, I'm just hoping to get out and run Smile

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Zelanie

Thanks!  Hopefully I'm feeling intrepid tomorrow!  Mine isn't so much a trail as a bark chip path, which I'm guessing is a little slower than road surface?

Had an accidentally too fast social run on Thursday, but then again I did the same thing the Thursday before my last 5K and that turned out fine!

Zelanie

No PR as far as time for me, because the course was long, but my pace was a tad faster than December and most of the second mile was muddy grass.  My RR is up and probably has more details than you could ever want.

Rondog65

So I ran my first Half Marathon and survived!  I am very happy with my effort and time (2:05) wish it wasn't raining, but better than snow.  Feel good and will sign up for the next half in May.  They have a series of 3 in my area, complete all three in a year and you earn  the Half Marathon Trilogy jacket for the year.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Can anyone tell me what the weather (temp) conditions were for the NOLA Marathon this year?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Zelanie

Rondog, congrats on your first half!  The trilogy jacket sounds like a fun goal!

an amazing likeness

So I ran my first Half Marathon and survived!  I am very happy with my effort and time (2:05) wish it wasn't raining, but better than snow.  Feel good and will sign up for the next half in May.  They have a series of 3 in my area, complete all three in a year and you earn  the Half Marathon Trilogy jacket for the year.

Sounds like you ran Hyannis Half and are going for the series Halfs on the Cape....Hyannis + Johnny Kelley Half (May) + Cranberry (Sept)?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Rondog65

You are correct it was the Hyannis Half.  I posted the below in a different thread.  Don't mean to double post, as I am learning my way around the posts and the site.  I have  been lurking and posting my weekly miles to team Tripledigits for a little while, so forgive a newbie in many ways.

Just noticed this thread;

I will be running the Cape Cod Half Marathon Trilogy & earn my jacket (www.baevents.com/capecodtrilogy/)

2/24  Hyannis Half Marathon; Hyannis, MA (First Half) completed

5/26  John Kelley Half Marathon; Hyannis, MA

10/06 Harwich Cranberry Fest Half Marathon; Harwich, MA

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)