Fitness/weight goals for 2014
1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!
2) Get to 199 lbs by the Greenway Marathon (3-23-14)...and stay there (as of 12-09-13 was at 214lbs)
3) Get to 190 lbs by the end of May…and stay there!
4) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours
5) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)
5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:
Swim: 100 miles
Bike: 3,000 miles
Run: 1,400 miles
Prince of Fatness
A lot of training programs have you do a 10-mile run as your longest before an HM, so you will be in great shape!
Hi!! I am training for my first half. I have done a 5k and a 10k so far, a half is the next step. It is all that I can think about. I have been fighting cancer for years and my health is not always on my side, so training is a chore some days. I am a church admin. and director of our library so I am pretty busy too. I have 2 kids, 6 cats and two dogs.....and one husband who supports us all.
My longest run has been 10.5 miles so far and I was great after that run, so I think that the half should be in reach. I am just SOOOOO happy to have found a site that has people who have the same goals. I admit that some days are hard and I am looking forward to a little push or happy word of encouragment once in a while.
I also plan to find a 8k this spring. That way I will have a 5k, 8k, 10k and hlaf done!!!!! Kind of my very own "bucket list"!
"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"