Half Marathon Trainers

Virtual Halfs? (Read 14 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Anyone picking up virtual halfs just to break up the regular running? Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

an amazing likeness

I threw my hat into the ring for one a few weeks ago, primarily because the RD is a long-time RA member and a small group of us old folks in the Masters group here jumped in to give her some support.

It was a nice late spring day for a run. I stashed a gatorade at mile 8 the day before. Walked down to the end of the street and...clicked go. I really didn't have the training miles to support a solid half, and happened to pick a course that was a bit more work than I should have. Did it as one big loop, but looking back on it, should have done something like a 5mi loop so I could grab a drink each time I passed the start/finish.

Ended up logging a time better than any half mar I ran in 2019....so there's that. I logged it as long run, not a race.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I created a pinkish bar for my log called virtual race. A couple of my races have gone that way. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I was going to sign up for SF HM virtual half had it been held on planned date in July to keep my loyal runner streak going. They moved the race until November, so it is not clear if that option exists to keep the streak alive. Other than that, I'd be more likely to do one if it was different: like a "virtual mile" to motivate me to do something out of the ordinary for me.

an amazing likeness

In my mailbox today was a well-worn package from the opposite side of the country...the Omak Orchards In Bloom Half Marathon had mailed a shirt, a race bib, and a medal to the virtual runners.  That was unexpected.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.