Half Marathon Trainers

anxiety anxiety anxiety (Read 325 times)

my half is in 5 weeks (dec 9). my training buddy/bff/trainer had surgery in late september. we totally thought she'd be able to recover for white rock. not gonna happen. so...that translates into...courtney, you are running this half by yourself. OM freaking G! Not so much that i don't think I can do it alone, but I don't want to. She got me here. She pushed me to run. This whole "running thing" is why we are bff's. it makes me have serious, physical anxiety to think about doing this alone. my longest run to date is 8 miles. how can i do 5 more without her? help!! MTA Not running white rock is not an option. i've already paid, and while, yes, i can afford to lose the $40 bucks i paid, this has been a goal for me since february. my goal was to run the white rock 1/2. and i will. just so sad/anxious/scared that i am doing it alone (are the violins drowning out my cries?)
    Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You can do this, girl! My BFF has been injured since Spring and was unable to run my races with me pretty much all year. You're sure to find others who run your pace and will be social at your race. Or you can enjoy the alone time to concentrate on having a kickass race! It's really not so bad...you can do this! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You CAN do it Courtney! Just believe in yourself. In 5 weeks you can get the long run up a few more miles and you will be able to do the 13.1. You will have the crowd support, and maybe your friend can come stand at a strategic location to cheer you on.
          You can definitely do it Courtney. Keep running your plan. If you don't have a plan - just focus on getting in another 8, a 9, and a 10 miler behind you. You will do just fine with that. Whether your friend can come or not there will be plenty of people to run with - like 10,000 of them! On a smaller scale, derek and I and maybe modal from RA are running the half. I also have several first time halfers from work that are running at various paces. Except for derek - who will be shooting for a PR that may be too fast for you - any of the rest of these folks will be running paces in your neighborhood or slower. I'll be recovering from my first ultra and will be more than happy to pace you - as long as you don't want to go too fast - I think I will have old man legs that day. Another thing I found encouraging was my wife and kids were waiting for me at the finish line of my first marathon a few weeks ago.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Good luck this weekend Courtney! You've got it!!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hope you guys are all resting up and ready for tomorrow! Best of luck, Courtney--you're gonna rock it! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay