Half Marathon Trainers

When is your HM? (Read 651 times)

Just wondering when everyone here is planning on running their halfs this year. Mine won't be until 9/28, Liberty/Newport Half in Jersey City, NJ. I have a few races planned before that, but couldn't commit to running my first HM any earlier then that (I have to see what my schedule looks like once my wife gives birth in less then 3 weeks Confused )
    Len

Damn Yankee

My half is the Cowtown in Fort Worth on the 23 of February. pjm- I live in Texas now, but I grew up in Brick and Toms River.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Oh Mighty Wing

Mine is the Caesar Rodney Half (Wilmington, DE) on March 9th
        wbertha

May 17th, in Fargo, North Dakota...anyone been there done that??? wbertha
            march 15th - tom king classic in nashville. super flat and should be awesome weather. if i feel super good when i'm done might go ahead and do the country music half at the end of april just because its supposed to be a really fun race (if its not sold out by then) but that's still up in the air. i just figure, if i'm going to do all this training, i might as well get two half marathons in, right? Wink
              May 3rd Indianapolis

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

The one I have already cpommitted to is in late April, in Aurora, Ontario, a very hilly course which will mean a slow time. i may do one or two flatter courses later in the year, Toronto, Mississauga or the Scotiabank, all in the Toronto area, and possibly the Nissan 10 miler in July, though its hot weather for running! simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Just wondering when everyone here is planning on running their halfs this year. Mine won't be until 9/28, Liberty/Newport Half in Jersey City, NJ. I have a few races planned before that, but couldn't commit to running my first HM any earlier then that (I have to see what my schedule looks like once my wife gives birth in less then 3 weeks Confused )
                  I'll be in JC quite a bit over the next year...... if everything works out maybe I could run that half. My half is Sunday March 2, 2008. HSBC Chilly Half Marathon and Frosty 5K in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. This is going to be my first half..... Jason
                  KathyW

February 9th in Sedona, AZ. I haven't been doing enough double-digit runs, so this weekend and the next I'm going to try to get in 10+ mile runs. This is my first half-marathon, so I'm just going to run slow - just getting to the finishing line will be a big accomplishment for me. If I run out of steam and can't finish, then I'll keep training and try another one after a couple of months. Kathy
                      May 4th at Flying Pig in Cincinnati and then I'm looking for one in Fall out West but not near the coast. I have looked at several but have not decided yet. Suggestions welcomed.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

busyisgood

May 4, the Vancouver half-marathon. I ran 4K today, and I've got 5K planned as my official first "long" run on Sunday. I would very much like to do either Victoria in October or Seattle in November, but that kind of thinking might be getting ahead of myself. Tongue

Prince of Fatness

I'm new here. I'll be running in the Lehigh Valley HM on April 27.

Not at it at all. 

runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

January 26, 2008, Securian Frozen 5K and Half Marathon, St. Paul, MN Has a wonderful warning posted as well: Extreme Weather This is a cold weather race! Temperatures have been at or below zero for this race in the past. Hypothermia could be a definite concern. Make certain that you are dressed properly for conditions on the day of the race. In case of extreme weather conditions this race could be cancelled or shortened. All entry fees are nonrefundable. An accurately measured 1/4 marathon course may be used as a short course option. Check with active.com for up-to-date weather information and changes in the race schedule.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

Teresadfp

One day at a time

September 21 - York, Maine. Maine Coast Half Marathon. All women's field, except for one (lucky?) guy who gets in through a lottery. This will be only the second time the race has been held. I'm scared to death!!! What if I end up walking 8 miles? What if they close the course and it gets dark? What if I see people I know? Dead LOL. I guess I will survive, somehow. I've already signed up for it, so there's no looking back.
                                Brad that sounds pretty brutal. No worries about overheating at that one! As long as all goes well at my marathon on 1/28/08, I'm planning to run the Ft. Lauderdale half on Feb 17th (I think that's the date, it's President's Day weekend). I'd love to break 2:00 then. Also thinking about doing the half in Frederick, MD in May so I can visit a friend that lives there. All the races here are between Dec-Feb so if I want to run some the rest of the year I'll have to travel. Maybe in October I'll go visit my parents in CT and run Hartford.