Half Marathon Trainers

When is your HM? (Read 651 times)

As long as all goes well at my marathon on 1/28/08, I'm planning to run the Ft. Lauderdale half on Feb 17th (I think that's the date, it's President's Day weekend). I'd love to break 2:00 then.
    Shaunna, this will be a piece of cake for you to break 2:00 after your marathon. I ran my first sub-2:00 about three weeks after my first full. Just make sure to recover smartly and your marathon will be the last long run to set you up for an awesome half.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Thanks Mike! It's nice to hear that kind of encouragement. Now I just need a cold front to go through the day before Ft. Lauderdale. Cool What would you suggest (anyone?) under the recover smartly category? Just go by feel? Take it super easy for a week or two? Or try to do a medium-long run in there after an easy recovery week?
      Joan F.

Manhattan Half Marathon in Central Park, NYC on Jan 27th. Hopefully we will have the lovely 50 degree day we had today, and not the 14 degrees we had earlier this week. Still, it is historically a very popular race -- 6000 plus.
        Regina

Maratonina Isontina in Gorizia / Italy on March 2nd ...
            Half Marathon; Alton, NJ- May 10 Half Marathon; Fairfield, CT- June 22
              Half Marathon; Fairfield, CT- June 22
              hmmmm... might be up for this one with you Smile My cousin is geting married that weekend, so I should be up there anyways.
                ooh nice! Lemme know Smile At least we wont be trudging through snow this time

Beatin' on the Rock

Grouper 1/2 Marathon, Sarasota, FL, Mar 2, 2008 Big grin
                  Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
                    My first HM, and it will be February 16th, Run The Reagan in Snellville, GA. It is a local HM, but draws a pretty good crowd. Good one for me to start with as it is about 5 minutes from my house. http://www.runthereagan.com
                    "Better to take the slow approach then the no approach."
                    My Quest to a Marathon blog.262quest.com
                    Ringmaster

As long as all goes well at my marathon on 1/28/08, I'm planning to run the Ft. Lauderdale half on Feb 17th (I think that's the date, it's President's Day weekend). I'd love to break 2:00 then.
                      HurricaneShauna, that's my race, too. I'm DEFINITELY not running a marathon three weeks before, and I'll probably be chasing your back, but I'm right there with you doing a cold-front dance! And what are the odds? I have a sister who just moved to CT and I'm thinking of flying to run the Hartford half in October!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                      Mile by Mile

VixiDu- Very cool! Ft. Lauderdale sounds pretty nice- smallish crowds, and the course looks very scenic. I like the idea of running through the park at miles 10-12. Where'd your sister move to in CT? That's so funny. I really want to do Hartford one of these years, but it will depend on how my work schedule looks as to whether I'll make it this fall or not. I'm guessing based on your race log that you live somewhere in S. FL. I was at the Palm Beach marathon too- it was so hot that weekend! You had a great time for your first 5K, and with your last long run I don't think you'd be too far off running 2:00 in Ft. Lauderdale. Hopefully I'll get to see you there!

Hey, nice marmot!

My first half will be the National Half Marathon, Washington DC 29-March 2008 I'm currently up to around 30 miles/week and am very much looking forward to the race.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

New to the forum. My HM is 2/24 in Hyannis, MA. I'm using this race to keep motivated to run through the winter up in Mass. I have a 5k race planned as a workout on 2/3 to gauge where I am fitness wise. I hope to run a PR there and have an outside shot at getting close to 20 min. With all the snow I havent run near the 30-35 mpw I had planned, but I'm in the high 20s which is a nice start to 2008. My goal marathon is in October at which I hope to run 3:15. I've got a long way to go!
                            PRs 2 mile: 12:30 7/07 5k: 19:39 8/08 10k: 44:12 5/07 HalfM: 1:35:06 2/08 25k: 1:57:30 9/08 Mar: 3:19:07 10/08
                              Hi, new to the user group. My HM is scheduled for June 7, 2008 in Morgantown, WV. I started training 12/30/07 and I'm up to 5 mile long run-17 miles for this week.
                              Goals:HM <2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner. htfu="" encourage="" my="" dh="" to="" get="" out="" of="" his=""></2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner.>
                              Ringmaster

Your training looks very consistent--and up to 17 mpw! You'll do great! Welcome to the group! K

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                                Mile by Mile