Half Marathon Trainers

April '15 (Read 22 times)

an amazing likeness

"April is the fourth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, the fifth in the early Julian and one of four months with a length of 30 days. April is commonly associated with the season of spring in parts of the Northern Hemisphere and autumn in parts of the Southern Hemisphere, where it is the seasonal equivalent to October in the Northern Hemisphere and vice versa."

Boston Marathon – Third Monday
    London Marathon – usually fourth Sunday

Daily runs....daily

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Signs of spring Yay!  My Daffodils are starting to come up now the snow is mostly gone.

4.36 miles yesterday on the TM 2 at the hardest pace I have run in a whiel and it felt good. 2 mile recovery today.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am tapering and got sick with an asthma bout (still around).  Ugh.  Ran 6 on Tuesday, 10 with 6 at MP last night (on the TM), and planning on running 6 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

We're still flirting with the end of winter. We had a nice weekend last weekend, but it cooled off again. It snowed on Thursday and was cold enough for a winter jacket in the morning. Today's run was just above freezing but the 25kph wind was cold. We're getting there slowly. My mileage is edging up, but looking fairly consistent week to week so I'm happy. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Lots of travel this week; 5 miles on the hotel 'mill last night, an hour on the elliptical this morning + weights (couldn't deal with the 'mill), and tomorrow a full day of travel.  I'm calling this week a post-race recovery week and I'll jump back in on Monday for the next six week push to my goal race.

Next time I travel to Vancouver I'll remember that there's a gorgeous path along the Seawall and I'll bring gear suitable for running outside in the rain!

hog4life

Meg, I know you're probably sick of it, but I would like some of your cold weather down south. I finished the Skidaway Island Half in 2:01:25.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Nice work!

From the Internet.

Sick on Monday, usual rest day today, still got in 40 miles and 2 strength workouts this week so I'm pretty happy with that.

I had planned to take a cutback this coming week after 3 "up" weeks, but I really don't feel like I'll need it. I'm thinking I'll do something with adjusting intensity this week instead of dropping significant miles - maybe run something on the track midweek but otherwise all easy, shorten my LR by a couple miles but do a bunch of it at MP and maybe a couple miles at HMP.

Finally made it oustide on Sunday for 3 slow but wonderful miles after being stuck inside all for the last 3 months.  I don't think I have ever been so happy to be outside again, it was a great run, but boy i felt like I was poiunding the pavement so hard. (I thought boy I sound liek a herd of elephants - not that I know what that sounds like..lol) Saturday was 3.4 on the DM.  If the forecast holds it will be another great Sunday coming up.  I think we are headed into the clear finally!

HF # 1189

an amazing likeness

Meg, I know you're probably sick of it, but I would like some of your cold weather down south. I finished the Skidaway Island Half in 2:01:25.

Nice, solid result for an early season half, Mitch.

Also, a very strong contender for 'race name of the year' award....and looking at the web site, looks like a beautiful location for a race; Savannah is just so welcoming and...warm.

an amazing likeness

Logged my first half marathon of the year on Saturday....3rd time I've run Race the Runways which is run on a former strategic military air base.

Course has been different each year -- they have to adjust as the base gets redeveloped.  It is actually interesting to get to see parts of the facility that were always off-limits in the past (...oh, this is where they used to store the nuclear weapons....hmmm, lots of odd concrete doors in that building...).  Despite the changes, there's always some common parts to a race on a runway in April -- it's flat, and it's windy. Whether you get rain or snow with wind is a draw.  Saturday we had wind, some rain at the end, and March temps; cold day.

Very few long runs heading into the race -- this would be my longest run since last November, and a few days of flu to end the week made for a tough day. Started off pretty easy, and just got weaker. Made an in-race decision to walk 30 secs at each mile marker from 5 on, and that helped.  Just didn't have any strength or energy (hadn't really eaten much in 2 days), and with stomach not feeling solid, couldn't drink Gatorade to get calories.  Ended up being my 4th slowest half, but actually was an ok long run test.  I expected as much going in.

I knew it would be a long day....so my first race ever wearing earbuds and listening to tunes !

Next up...Great Bay Half in Newmarket, NH this coming Sunday.

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, everybody!

We have been having very hot and humid weather, so I'll add to Mitch's sentiment that I wouldn't mind Meg's weather now.  Not in the Winter. :-D

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

emmbee

queen of headlamps

8 very slow miles for me last night.  I'm happy with my recent race but I'm having a hard time running lately.  Lots of nights of poor sleep are really affecting me.  I guess I'm not wasting my time running even if it's slow, but I'd hoped my easy paces would be getting faster, and instead, they're all over the place.

Nice work, everyone!

hog4life

Sunday, Monday,  Tuesday were RD's as I traveled back home. My legs have been extremely sore since the half on Saturday. I think it's just the opposite of what MT experienced, mine was too many longer runs going into race day. I plan to do a RR when I have a little extra time. The race was too beautiful not to share some pictures.

I hope to get out for a few easy miles tonight to work out the soreness.

3.35 on the TM Monday/weight training Tuesday/1.55miles of speed intervals on the TM this morning.  Harder than I have pushed in a very long time.  Felt good, but don't think I could hold the pace for more than 1 minute, but I have to believe it will help me get faste.

HF # 1189